Boss FS-1-WL

Started by admin, January 26, 2023, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

gumtown

I have the Boss EV-1_WL and it works great for me, I like having the toe switch, where it can send one set of midi cc# control,
and when the toe switch is engaged, your EXP pedal becomes EXP2 with a different set on midi cc# control.
Just like the FS-1-WL, the EV-1-WL can take two extra foot switches as well.   
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

FS-1-WL: Which products can be used with the FS-1-WL via Bluetooth®?

You can connect via Bluetooth when using the FS-1-WL with the following products (as of November 2022).

For details on how to connect to each product, refer to the "FS-1-WL Connection Guide".

EURUS GS-1 (Ver.1.02 or later)
GT-1000 (Ver.3.20 or later)
GX-100 (Ver.1.11 or later)
KATANA-AIR (Ver.1.30 or later)
WAZA-AIR (Ver.1.30 or later)
WAZA-AIR BASS (Ver.1.30 or later)
Pocket GT (Ver.1.30 or later)
WM-1
WM-1D
Mac
PC
IOS
ANDROID

MIDI MODE

HID PAGE TURNER MODE

FS-1-WL EDITOR APP (Win/Mac/IOS/Android)

FS-1-WL Default MIDI IMPLEMENTATION
Parameter   MIDI CC#
PEDAL L           80
PEDAL C           81
PEDAL R           82
EXP                  11
CTL1                85
CTL2                86

Read more: https://manuals.plus/boss/fs-1-wl-wireless-footswitch-manual#ixzz7sJ2Hk7ly

admin

I received a FS-1-WL today. It required a Firmware update (1.03) and then a factory reset and it "BLE Instrument" paired direct to Pocket GT.

No BTS App required,  no IOS /Android device required

Once FS1WL is  " Instrument Paired" to Pocket GT, it knows to always connect thereafter

This combo is great, as the FS-1-WL left two footswitches act as Pocket GT  Patch Up, Patch Down, and the far Right footswitch is a CTL footswitch which activates unique per patch effects (On/Off) on stock factory Pocket GT patches- swift patch to patch change time

FS-1-WL supports adding both an Expression pedal and a separate dual footswitch - which means five real time accessible footswitches and one expression pedal for live performance Pocket GT patch manipulation.

I was lucky to locate a 1st generation 32 bit A/D> D/A  Pocket GT which has a fantastic dynamic range.  Feed Pocket GT stereo Rec Out into Aux Input on Cube Street EX with FS-1-WL and Expression Pedal controlling Pocket GT - makes a great busking rig, or sit in/ jam  with any band. 

Exceeded my expectations

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: admin on March 11, 2023, 12:02:05 AMI received a FS-1-WL today. It required a Firmware update (1.03) and then a factory reset and it "BLE Instrument" paired direct to Pocket GT.

This combo is great, as the FS-1-WL left two footswitches act as Pocket GT  Patch Up, Patch Down, and the far Right footswitch is a CTL footswitch which activates unique per patch effects (On/Off) on stock factory Pocket GT patches- swift patch to patch change time

FS-1-WL supports adding both an Expression pedal and a separate dual footswitch - which means five real time accessible footswitches and one expression pedal for live performance Pocket GT patch manipulation.

I was lucky to locate a 1st generation 32 bit A/D> D/A  Pocket GT which has a fantastic dynamic range.  Feed Pocket GT stereo Rec Out into Aux Input on Cube Street EX with FS-1-WL and Expression Pedal controlling Pocket GT - makes a great busking rig, or sit in/ jam  with any band. 

Exceeded my expectations

Yes the Pocket GT exceeded my expectations as well. I take on the road everywhere I go, and it sounds just like my studio rig. Really great unit. I also loop with the two second delay by turning feedback up and then turning off the delay effect. It keeps playing and is great for practice over weird chords or just making fresh noodles. For the money it is insanely good. AND it has the great Roland/Boss parametric EQ!

admin

Elantric

TBoneRodriguez

Why in the world would they limit the FS-1-WL to only half the available number of CC#s? If you need to use CC 32-63 or 96-127 then you can just go scratch?

Elantric

Quote from: TBoneRodriguez on March 26, 2024, 02:42:18 PMWhy in the world would they limit the FS-1-WL to only half the available number of CC#s? If you need to use CC 32-63 or 96-127 then you can just go scratch?

It supports MIDI CC#1-31, 64-95

https://studiocode.dev/resources/midi-cc/

gumtown

Quote from: TBoneRodriguez on March 26, 2024, 02:42:18 PMWhy in the world would they limit the FS-1-WL to only half the available number of CC#s? If you need to use CC 32-63 or 96-127 then you can just go scratch?

Quite common on most Roland/Boss gear, the missing cc# numbers usually have some detrimental effect in some Roland synths, so I guess they limited the range to stop clashes and user stupid stuff happening.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/