The Morricone Whistle 'Gui La Testa' or Duck You Sucker! - "Dopo l'esplosione'

Started by Nobulusprime, February 12, 2022, 06:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobulusprime

I love this Ennio Morricone track from the Film 'Gui La Testa' or Duck You Sucker! Fistful of Dynamite in the UK. It's a classic Sergio Leone soundtrack and film.
It has a bit of melancholy about it, the string arrangement its really pretty and the chord progression is amazing and simple. I had to approximate as well as I could with the strings, so it's all done by ear - no score. I think I captured the mood and feel of the piece. I love the way the original hangs behind the beat so relaxed in the timing. The SY1000 continues to hit the mark
The SY1000 does everything on this track (barring drums -that's my next task!) The SY1000 continues to hit the mark
* 12 String with subtle tunings - I also used an EQ matching software (MFreeFormEQ) in Logic which analysed the original 12 string and EQ'd the SY1000 version amazingly and made it sound much less brittle 
* Bass with pick - Jazz Bass - in Guitar Mode (palm muted for that late 60s early 70s vibe)
* The 'Morricone' Whistle - Dynamic Synth (Sine wave), a bit of OSC synth and a bit of noise for effect - with some fairly intricate LFO action with the Fernandez Sustainer
* Dynamic Synth Strings multitracked 18 times, 3 passes for each note - Some are pitched up 2 octaves - lots of subtle vibrato and LFO differences to make it really sing
* Bell - Dynamic synth
* Harpsichord played in octaves -Dynamic synth
* Vibraphone - Dynamic synth
* Ocean effect -Dynamic synth noise and LFOs

aliensporebomb

Wow, one man soundtrack generator!   Very cool.

I get the idea you could put together an entire record of this stuff.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Harry1227

I really liked the retro sound. To be honest, from Moricone I heard only the soundtracks to the Professional. By the way, V. Cosma also has a lot of great music for films. Thank you for this work. It's inspiring.
The sound of most musical instruments SY-1000 synthesizes very believable. Indeed, when used properly, the SY-1000 becomes a powerful tool for taking the music out of your head and into digital recording.
Good luck with your new SY-1000 musical ideas. :)

Allomerus

abbaby

Nobulusprime

Quote from: abbaby on July 23, 2022, 01:41:20 PMThe bass has a nice shape boom
Yeah I really like the bass I created for this track. It has a really nice muted late 60s early 70s vibe to it.