My Hexoga with Darbuka

Started by Gaustu, January 09, 2018, 08:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaustu

Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

Hurricane

8)

Really cool concept . Nice touch , the drummer's is a machine !

Run down on  equipment used on this video please

Thanks

EZ :

HR

Gaustu

Thanks!

Equipment is as always... :)

The drummer was recorded just spontaneously with my mobile smartphone Asus (video and sound), and then video imported to Avid after I made the audio track for it.

In the resulting stuff there is no any cut of the playback of the drummer of his 8 minutes. There are my few separate guitar serial parts recorded and strung around it.

Used hex cable from Parker with hexpander graph-tech piezo.
It comes to GR-55 and used modeled guitar sound of it going recording to the track#1 of daw.
Another split of 6 separate are coming to the 6 inputs of sound card and then to 6 inputs of NI Reaktor's special ensemble that has a deal with them: each signal goes through its complex processing: comprressors, different types of saturators, filters and envelopes all modulating by MIDI (coming from GR-55 down here), harmonic generators, etc. As well as there is a monophonic processor built to have a deal with the neat sum of 6. All bunch of these channels goes to virtual mixer and final EQ (- all inside Reaktor of course) and then goes out to be recorded to the track#2 of daw

So I recorded all the way both tracks at the time and those guitar usually are very different by a palette. No MIDI sounds at this time. When I mastered this dirty crazy three sources inside daw I could choose to balance between two of different guitar tracks. Mainly there is 80% of Reaktor and 20% of GR-55. I did not deal with postrecording guitar track processing at all. That's all.
Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

Hurricane

8)
Thanks for the run down on how you did this and with what .

Very effective and the sound quality is there , I really like it .

EZ :

HR