Favourite GP-10 Guitar Patches

Started by mccorp, July 06, 2017, 12:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccorp

Feel free to vote twice in this pole.
Sometimes you have to let go of the melody and focus on the rhythm

admin

pretty lame poll IMHO

( IMHO most of the Roland/Boss COSM Guitar Modeling works rather well - much better than Line-6 Variax IMHO.

the best GP-10 patches are "none of the above" -

( visit this area of the forum)

Boss GP-01 User to User Patch exchange
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=151.0
(need to mention Autana's Nylon Guitar model)

alexmcginness

My vote would be the Nylon guitar.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

mccorp

Thanks for your comments and additional information. I find the nylon patches to be excellent and stand alone as fine work. I was interested moreso in impressions of the sounds associated with more traditional makes such as Fender and Gibson. Who knows what interesting discussion may spring from lame beginnings.

Brak(E)man

Maybe this answer is OT but I don't use modellers for the ability to
sound like the original, I use them to try to make my own sounds.
I understand that's not the usual approach but IMO that's the strength
with all the VGs and the GP
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

mccorp

Brakeman, an excellent point.  The genius in the GP-10 is developing sounds that are not attainable with our existing setups. I am interested in hearing from those members who have found credible electric and acoustic tones. I confess that the patches that I find the most authentic are the nylon ones. Second to these are the jazz tone patches which are nicely done as well. I am interesting in an electric guitar patches that some members may have tweaked and find to be close to the genuine article. I would also be interested in knowing what patches you have experimented with.

Brak(E)man

Here's one example
More of a complete sound with fx
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18430.0
Scofield emulation

- Lydia Lunch

alexmcginness

Quote from: mccorp on July 07, 2017, 04:23:54 AM
Brakeman, an excellent point.  The genius in the GP-10 is developing sounds that are not attainable with our existing setups. I am interested in hearing from those members who have found credible electric and acoustic tones. I confess that the patches that I find the most authentic are the nylon ones. Second to these are the jazz tone patches which are nicely done as well. I am interesting in an electric guitar patches that some members may have tweaked and find to be close to the genuine article. I would also be interested in knowing what patches you have experimented with.

I use Har-Bal to model my real strat into the box. Theres a post here on the forum where I go thru how I use it.
   I dont carry my Strat on the road any more as Ive got it inside my VG-99 and GP-10.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

mccorp

Brakeman: I love this patch, thanks for sharing it. A very involved recording with enviable results. You have definitely found the secret sauce.

mccorp

Alex thanks for the information with regard to your patch based on your guitar output. I would love to try out the patch should you ever share it in one form or another.  :)

BMapson

I'm mostly the second guitarist, keyboardist, and sometimes wind instrument player in the band I've played with most recently.  I love the acoustic guitars, and they are the primary reason, at least for this particular band, I use the GP-10 rather than the VG-99.  The GP-10 just does a better job, particularly at 12-string emulation.  I also use a doctored 12-string patch for mandolin parts.  If I was the lead player, I would likely stick to the VG-99 for its on-the-fly tweakability and infinite capabilities. 

The VG-99 still holds its own a decade after release and several years away from any support, but for compact portability, the GP-10 is all I need for guitars at the moment.

mccorp

BigMapson: Thanks for this perspective. There are many points to consider when deciding on a processor. I am glad I have the GP-10 too at this point.

Peter the GR-eat...

I voted for the Gibson Les Paul.
Now. I don't own an LP, so maby I'm not the best at judging.
But. In the relatively short time i had the GP-10 I've gotten the sound that i think is typical Les Paul.
Its good enough for me. And i feel i don't have to buy a Les Paul!

mccorp

Yes, all things considered, the GP-10 should save us a bit of money and the need for a roadie!  :)

mccorp

I continue to be amazed by the GP-10.  I now take fewer guitars to gigs and have sorted out the patches that work best for me to date. I am sure I have just scratched the surface with regard to the possibilities. I am amazed at how convincing a number of the organ sounds can be in the mix. If anyone can give me some tips in using the Hammond Organ patch with my Godin xtsa I would be grateful. The sound is great but the force required on the strings to produce the sound is too much for my liking. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: mccorp on July 31, 2017, 05:59:21 AM
I continue to be amazed by the GP-10.  I now take fewer guitars to gigs and have sorted out the patches that work best for me to date. I am sure I have just scratched the surface with regard to the possibilities. I am amazed at how convincing a number of the organ sounds can be in the mix. If anyone can give me some tips in using the Hammond Organ patch with my Godin xtsa I would be grateful. The sound is great but the force required on the strings to produce the sound is too much for my liking. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Turn the sensitivity settings up for the Organ patch maybe

- Lydia Lunch

mccorp