GK-2B vs GK-3B: Which To Keep, Which To Sell?

Started by Now_And_Then, May 09, 2012, 06:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now_And_Then

Well, I find that I have an extra GK bass pickup. I have a bass with a GK-2b mounted, and another bass without. However, I have two currently unemployed GK bass pickups: a GK-2B and a GK-3B. I had, at one point, a third bass, being a Variax 705 5-string, but I sold that some time ago. That third bass will not be replaced with a different bass, as my two-bass-guitar-and-VB-99 armamentarium really is capable of supplying me with all I need in the way of bass sounds. This leaves me with a redundant GK bass pickup.

Now I only need to decide which to sell: the GK-2B or GK-3B.

Anyone with any incisive thoughts on the matter?

Elantric

Some general information

* The GK-3B control module has a lower profile  - which means some bass'es may still fit in there hardshell case - compared to the "tall" GK-2B control pod.

* The GK-3B has increased output gain and sensitivity - compared to GK-2B

* Its important to set the host processor (VB-99, GR-55) to the appropriate "GK-Type".

Assign GK Type to GK-2B when using the GK-2B

Assign GK Type to GK-3B when using the GK-3B

More details about these pickups here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78.msg41116#msg41116

Now_And_Then

Thank you for the reply!

Hmmm.... The height of the control housing could be significant in certain situations, I guess. Ditto the sensitivity. Perhaps I will have to dig up the single hardshell bass case I have and see if the height difference has any bearing on my situation.