GK 'Wingbass' - mini half sized bass

Started by ped, September 18, 2017, 04:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ped

How about this! It's a normal bass but chopped off at the 12th fret. Absolutely great instrument. I play it a lot and using it with the VB99 opens up so many options. It's tuned like a regular bass using normal strings, so it feels entirely natural.

HAMERMAN409

Very cool.

Given the tuning does that mean it's like playing a standard bass from the 12 fret updwards?

If that is the case then does that mean you would normally use it with a -1 octave patch (and not use the magnetic pickup at the same time unless you wanted to mix in some octave bass)?

ped

Quote from: HAMERMAN409 on September 18, 2017, 11:00:20 AM
Very cool.

Given the tuning does that mean it's like playing a standard bass from the 12 fret updwards?

If that is the case then does that mean you would normally use it with a -1 octave patch (and not use the magnetic pickup at the same time unless you wanted to mix in some octave bass)?

Thanks. Yes that's right, I do often use it with an octaver but it also sounds beautiful in its own way, much 'bigger' and fatter than I was expecting. The company actually make the instrument with a built in EHX nano POG octaver but obviously they aren't as good as the VB99 :)

I'm mainly using the magnetic pickup with some reverb and limiter, then use it to play synths and even guitar patches.