GR-55 - Cricket's Sax

Started by admin, October 19, 2013, 11:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9740.msg69960#msg69960

If the patch is loaded correctly and works, n.b. that CTL is a momentary ring modulator for a tiny bit of sax "growl."  Use sparingly.

Peace,

Dan1948

Played like a sax and sounds great.
You ain't to old if you can Rock & Roll!

pedwards2932

This has been one of those sounds I have been trying to get......may have found it today.  Instead of a tenor sax I used the baritone sax...it has more growl.  I used it at 75 then the second tone I added the breathy sax at about 40.....need to play with that.  You can also use the PCM called "breath"  it is a bit more pronounced.  I liked the breathy sax better.  The other thing I did was add some boost to the hi mid gain of +7 db.  You may have to play it on the guitar an octave up but for me is sounded okay.  The other thing I did was turn off the low E string...I don't use it with the sax and if you accidentally hit it it sounds pretty bad.  I am going to use it at a gig this weekend and let you know how it goes but it sounded promising to me.....

pedwards2932

I tried the new sax sound using the baritone sax and it sounds much better than anything else I have tried.  I'll try to put up the patch and an mp3 sample as soon as I have time. I'm really excited as it got a lot of positive feedback from people familiar with our band as well as band members.

pedwards2932

I did a real quick recording of the sax patch I was using.  I have to figure out how to load the patch if anybody is interested.

concordal

Definitely interested, pedwards2932.

Quote from: pedwards2932 on December 16, 2014, 07:14:29 PM
I have to figure out how to load the patch if anybody is interested.

When posting just click on Attachments and other options at the bottom.  Then click on Attach and browse to the patch
on your computer .

pedwards2932

I hope I did that right....let me know if it works.  You may have to play with it a bit but that is what I was using in the recording.

concordal

Elantric

QuoteI have to figure out how to load the patch if anybody is interested.
How to Load GR-55 User patches.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3260.0

DreamTheory

electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008