VG-99 Lowrey T2 Organ- "Lucy in the Skies with Diamonds"

Started by Bill Ruppert, September 08, 2013, 03:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ruppert

VG-99 Lowrey T2 Organ- "Lucy in the Skies with Diamonds"

Here is a fun sound that's also a great little finger exerciser when played as connected as possible.
Watch how you lift your fingers.
As you can see from the fingering in the video it needs to be played down one octave.

When ever I search for a sound I experiment with pitch shifting as it changes the formant or harmonic content of the sound.
When pitch shifting vocals the formant gets shifted and that can lead to the chipmunk sound.
Not good for vocals.. but with guitar sounds it can add just the harmonic content you are looking for.
This sound uses the Organ and Synth Wave.
The record may have a little less mid or 2.00k, but I liked it here. Use the global to eq for your use.
The patch is attached.
Bill

aliensporebomb

Very nice.  As I mentioned in the YT comment that the fingering seems really elegant - the sound seems like it would have more spread out fingerings than it is.  Shows that the logic of the arrangement can make the patch be more than it is in some ways.  I love the "Beatlesesque" atmosphere to this sound and patch - it almost sounds like spring reverb but I see you're using the ambience reverb as well as plate at the end of the chain.  Thanks very much for the patch!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Kenmac

"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

aliensporebomb

The Beatles totally should have used Ibanez JEM guitars had they existed at the time....
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

rolandvg99

To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Smash

Absolutely top drawer! (do you see what I did there?  ;D)

That is scarily close - you have a fantastic ear. Looking forward to downloading stuck at work at the mo :(

Off topic slightly - here's a nice reggae alternative mix on Lucy by one of my mash-up mates - perfect for sunny days (could've done with your patch tho!) I defy anyone to listen to it and not start bouncing, lol!