GR-55 - James' (UK Roland Demonstrator) video and patches

Started by rczjhedrick, March 23, 2013, 11:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabuss

But nevertheless this video is always worth to see the possibilities on the GR55.
A link to the  patches is  also there.
If you like modify some of them to your own.
We also discussed some reactions to the patches.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

deano

Thanks for the Quick response Papabass

Downloading as we speak.

Deano

jshortz

I couldn't get the link to work.
Anyone have any luck with it?

Brent Flash

Quote from:  jshortz on August 12, 2013, 11:59:57 AM
I couldn't get the link to work.
Anyone have any luck with it?
Yes, it plays right here on this page. You may want to try another browser if you can't see it.

jshortz

Brent Flash

Quote from:  jshortz on August 12, 2013, 12:26:41 PM
I meant a link for the patches.
OH! Sorry  :-[
Where is this link? I see a place to download the patches on the other thread, is that what you mean?

Practus

Hello guys,

Probably you've already seen this excellent video below:

Well... He updated his post with a link to his patches used in the video above. For convenience, I post the patch here for you guys, just in case anyone here have missed this update and the patch.

Regards,
Red Ibanez RG150 (with GK-3 and Fernandes Sustainer FSK-101)
Honey Burst Epiphone LP Standard
Black Fender Standard Strat "a la Blackie"
POD HD500
GR-55
FRFR KRK Rokit 5 Monitors

GuitarDojo

Yes, one of the best GR-55 demos. Thanks for posting patches.

the-destructor

sean_b

i downloaded these patches yesterday, i tried to load via the floor editor and it crashed twice. i stopped after that. anyone else got the same issue?

Craig Feltham

I can't get Librarian to load it, just says the file can't be loaded......?

Craig Feltham

Hey that's cool, all working now, thanks very much....although, the downloaded patch file doesn't seem to have all the patches in the Video, is that the same for everyone, or is my file corrupt...I did download it a couple of times?

Cheers,

Craig Feltham

That nice young man was so impressed by all the comments, that he uploaded the file again, to this location

http://www.filedropper.com/synthhitspatches

Works in Librarian and has all the patches.

admin

The G5L file attached to the first post in this thread has been replaced with a new updated version that now contains all the patches
(its now the same as the one here:)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8208.0;attach=8026

http://www.filedropper.com/synthhitspatches

Bluemusic

What is the song he is playing with Nylon String at the 5:40 mark...I can't put my finger on it.

pycraft

Quote from:  Bluemusic on February 17, 2014, 08:03:47 PM
What is the song he is playing with Nylon String at the 5:40 mark...I can't put my finger on it.

"Shape of my Heart" by Sting.

Spider

Demo is perfect, patches are very inserting but for me my GR55 doesn't sound like his... A lot of "plastic", esp. on guitar emulation. I have impression that this YT sound was edited in some way. For sure solo patches are more empty then inside mix.

gfmoore

Jolly good show what! :)  Inspirational.

I think (and stand to be corrected) that Dominic Miller was the guitarist who played Shape of My Heart for Sting?

Elantric

I think (and stand to be corrected) that Dominic Miller was the guitarist who played Shape of My Heart for Sting?

He co-wrote the song too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Miller

Bluemusic

snootles

Hi,

Does anybody have the file for these patches as the link to filedropper is dead?

Thanks in advance!

Si

Elantric

Log in - download the attached GR-55 g5l Librarian patches from the 1st post in this thread

mbenigni

QuoteWell... He updated his post with a link to his patches used in the video above. For convenience, I post the patch here for you guys, just in case anyone here have missed this update and the patch.

I finally got around to downloading this guy's patches and am presently working my way through his video learning all the parts he demonstrates.  What a fun little diversion!  I'm totally geeking out over the GR55 again, and getting a valuable (if somewhat scattershot) guitar lesson at the same time.  Highly recommend the process for anyone who owns a GR55 and is looking for something new to chew on.  James is a fantastic player, and - assuming he developed these patches on his own - an amazing sound designer!

whippinpost91850