VG-99 - Acoustic Patch - With Controls!

Started by germanicus, May 01, 2008, 12:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germanicus

This patch is a mix of an acoustic guitar and an electric bass set an octave higher in an attempt to overshadow some of the 'rubbery' tone the lower strings have on many of the acoustic patches.

The D-Beam activates 12string emulation.
The ribbon controls overall reverb level.

F1 controls the Body size.
F2 controls Tone.
F3 controls Low Mid Gain.
F4 controls High Mid Gain.
F5 controls High Gain.

Control switch 1 sets both the guitars to DADGAD tuning.
Control switch 2 adds a compressor (orange) to the bass patch for a little more tightness.

GK Up/Down switch changes the Acoustic Guitar Type.

My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

sixeight

Excellent patch. I will have to try this one next time I'm practising with my band, but so far it's the best acoustic patch Ï have heard from the VG-99.

xuoham

Thank you so much for this patch !!
I finally bought a VG99 a week ago and after scanning all the patches available and making a few attempts myself, this patch definitely wins hands down in terms of credible acoustic sound, it's unbelievably good !
Nice idea to use the bass, i guess it takes ideas like this to get the most out of this beast.
I first considered the VG99 for adding acoustic shimmer to my electric guitar and for the possibility of having the E and A strings only doubled one octave lower. But more and more i got seduced by a few acoustic sounds on youtube, amongst the ocean of bad paches badly played, with too much string sensitivity on the GK settings (definitely the KEY element, thank you this forum!), and your patch is the milestone for me. Wish i could coax as credible a sound as this one for nylon guitar, but this seems much harder, the nylon really doesn't sound too good so far.
Anyway, i'm really happy with the VG99 and this Branded Guitar is the cherry one the cake!

Cheers,

paul
:::::::::

aliensporebomb

Update: very nice with a wide range of controls.  One setting was virtually indistinguishable from my Alvarez-Yairi acoustic when mic'ed with a little piezo included.  "I can get rid of that one now..." (just kidding).  That being said, This will be useful for recording purposes.  Thanks Germanicus for the excellent patch.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mooncaine

Quote from: xuoham on October 31, 2011, 08:50:32 AMwith too much string sensitivity on the GK settings (definitely the KEY element, thank you this forum!)

I'm really bad about that. I tend to start any sound creation by trying the extremes, too, and then I tend to leave everything far too bright. I can hear all this high crispy frequencies, and I guess I kinda get used to it. Ice-pick tones appeal to me more than others, I'm trying to remind myself.

I push up my GK sensitivity really high so I can get long sustain on the high strings, but then I also tend to use guitars that aren't so great about sustain. I'm also trying to remind myself these days that I don't need all that sustain anyway; it makes me lazy.

I hope to try this patch this weekend. Thanks for sharing! I'll try a lower GK sens. setting with it, too.

Smash

Best acoustic patch so far - gave up on mine after importing this one! Well done  :)

myksara

Do u have something similar for a gr55... :)
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

ajnur

Quote from: germanicus on May 01, 2008, 12:35:59 AM
This patch is a mix of an acoustic guitar and an electric bass set an octave higher in an attempt to overshadow some of the 'rubbery' tone the lower strings have on many of the acoustic patches.

The D-Beam activates 12string emulation.
The ribbon controls overall reverb level.

F1 controls the Body size.
F2 controls Tone.
F3 controls Low Mid Gain.
F4 controls High Mid Gain.
F5 controls High Gain.

Control switch 1 sets both the guitars to DADGAD tuning.
Control switch 2 adds a compressor (orange) to the bass patch for a little more tightness.

GK Up/Down switch changes the Acoustic Guitar Type.