Troubleshooting & oops & arh & oh-my-gosh

Started by OBB, December 22, 2022, 07:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBB

Ok, For the last few years I've been teaching my Granddaughter guitar, piano, mixing and had and yada-yada-yada...

Yesterday, we were playing, I was on the GP10, she was on the GR55. I was showing her an easy A-Minor trick. And suddenly my channels cut off. Scratched my head for a few seconds and then went into 'ok, what happened' mode . . .

The first thing I did was I unplug hers & plug mine into the GR, both work.
The second thing I did was move her guitar over to the GP10, hers works.
The third thing, mixer isssue, moved inputs, all inputs working.

And this is where this gets weird....

I can move my GK into her GR55 and it works just fine... I can put her GK into either the GP10 or the GR55 and both work fine but, as soon as I plug my GK back into the GP10, nothing...

How do you even troubleshoot an issue like this... My first knee-jerk was maybe the GK cable... I have 6 original Roland Cords, tried 4 of them that I know all are good but the GP10 will still not pick anything up on the GP10 but works fine on the GR55.

Totally confused about this one...

Kevin M

Just grasping here, but did you make sure your guitar's GK volume knob was all the way up when plugged into the GP-10?

admin

We assume both guitars have GK-3 pickups?

The GK Vol Potentiometer employed on all GK13 guitars  operates a control voltage which must be abive 0 volts on pin# 8 - else the connected GK 13 pin processor will not make any sound:   +5V is max volume

Also verify the three way switch is in the middle "MIX" Position as any other position Mutes the opposite "Guitar" or "GK Synth" signal

Reference
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73.0

OBB

Volume was the first thing I looked at and everything's up on everything & then checked the blend switch as well...

My guitar has a factory built in GK1 (Ibanez RG420-GKBK) that has never ever failed me... My Granddaughter's guitar has a GK3 add-on setup...

What's confusing me they're both working fine from the GR... but only her GK3 will work on both while my GK1 will only work on the GR55 but not the GP10...

Even checked to see if there was an update needed for BTS maybe but they're all current... As well as checked every input on the board for the same result.

This is totally weird... works on one end but not the other end *scratching head*

admin

Did it ever work before on GP-10?
Remove any USB cables

Sometimes a GP-10 Factory Reset restores operation - backup any custom presets first

gumtown

The GP-10 has an Auto GK select option (shady recollection,
If a resistance has changed in the guitar GK, the GP-10 might think it is something else.
Try changing the GK Set selection.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

OBB

OMG... I totally feel like an idiot now...

After a little further investigation I found the studio GP10 (#1 of 2) I found that when I moved the GR for my granddaughters guitar ST-channel that was went to an array of rack-mounted Gates somehow became unplugged in the rig...

*facepalm*

gumbo

Good that you solved it !

Happy Holidaze ....after all   ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...