Installing GK-KIT-BG3 on Jazz Bass with Two volume controls

Started by Pattyb628, November 10, 2022, 06:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pattyb628

I have a j-bass style 5 string and I've decided to add a GK-Kit to it.  I've done this before on a strat, but this time is a little different and I'm stuck at this point.

The bass has a separate volume and tone control for the bridge and neck pickups ( 4 pots total).  I've wired it for a master tone control so I can add the GK volume pot.

I'm not sure how to proceed with the two volume pots.  Since the preamp board only has one connector for the bass pickups which is supposed to be wired to the volume pot, how can I wire it up to use both volume pots?  Do I need to rewire it so I have a master volume for both pickups?  I'd rather not do that, since I like having the two separate volume controls, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Any help is appreciated!

admin

Install a switching 1/4" output jack -
Feed the normal signal input to GK-KIT-BG3 from there.
Refer to the GK-KIT-GT3 thread

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133.0

Pattyb628

Thanks for the response!  I'm a little confused on the wiring for the jack, though.  Do you have a wiring diagram for the 12A jack?  The links in the thread you referenced seem to be no longer valid.  I searched for the RC-1 wiring, but couldn't find anything.

Would I need to wire it as a TRS jack so that when the cable is removed it switches to the GK signal?

Pattyb628