Adding to a preset

Started by JeffInBranson, August 18, 2022, 03:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffInBranson

I bought a patch pack from Juca Nery which is quite good. On one of the distortion presets I wanted to add a feedbacker to the control one button but nothing happens. I assigned the feedbacker to FX1 and the button lights up when I push it but again nothing happens... the sound is exactly the same. I'm sure I'm missing something but don't know what.

gumtown

You need to save the patch with FX1 "on", but ASSIGN the foot switch to "Feedbacker TRIGGER".
and not use the CTL function for FX1, but the ASSIGN instead.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

JeffInBranson

I guess I don't know how to do that. I thought I had it, and I saved the patch with the feedback on, and before I saved it when I hit the control one foot switch it would turn it on and off but the minute I saved it, it wasn't working. This is the fourth boss pedal I have owned... I had the GT6, the GT8, and the GT 100, but I guess I just don't know what I'm doing with this one. I'm not sure I know how to assign and how to trigger.

Boisdelac

Try the following

Connect your GT1000 to your Computer
Start Boss GT1000 Tone Studio
Enter the Editor
Select your desired patch

Assumption FX 3 is intended to be used as a Feedbacker

Drag FX3 to the desired FX chain position
Select FX 3
Turn on FX 3
Select FX Type Feedbacker

---- have a look @ image feedbacker 001

Click on CTL/EXP
On the CTL/EXP page click on ASSIGN

Assuming to use Assign 10 to start the Feedbacker as long as CTL 1 is momentarily held down

Click on the radio button to switch on Assign 10
Click on EDIT

---- have a look @ image feedbacker 002

On the TARGET CATEGORY select FX3: FEEDBACKER
On the TAGET PARAMETER select TRIGGER
On MODE select MOMENT

---- have a look @ image feedbacker 003

Click on CLOSE twice
Click WRITE to patch (upper right corner in Editor window)