Inst Level changing when saving

Started by olive2sing, August 12, 2022, 09:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olive2sing

Hi All,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently added a Dynamic synth in instrument 1 of a patch I've been working on. Inst 2 is an OSC synth, and I have an ACC guitar in inst 3.
I am using Boss Tone Studio, to make changes. When I try to write changes, the level of inst 1 changes to 0.
Is there a reason this would happen?
I hope this is enough information. I'm new to guitar synths in general, and the SY-1000 is a challenge. And I'm loving it.

Thanks
Dave G

admin

Quote from: olive2sing on August 12, 2022, 09:26:37 AMHi All,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently added a Dynamic synth in instrument 1 of a patch I've been working on. Inst 2 is an OSC synth, and I have an ACC guitar in inst 3.
I am using Boss Tone Studio, to make changes. When I try to write changes, the level of inst 1 changes to 0.
Is there a reason this would happen?
I hope this is enough information. I'm new to guitar synths in general, and the SY-1000 is a challenge. And I'm loving it.

Thanks
Dave G

Save and share your patch file as an attachment here for others to debug

olive2sing

Thank you for forcing me to learn how to export patches. I hope I did it right.
I'll get better with time.

You cannot view this attachment.

Intimo

I find Boss Tone Studio (BTS) very laggy, not save or move around settings often.   I checked out your file and it had issues turning on instrument 3 and keeping it on.

This type of thing has forced me to edit on the unit. (not as much fun as on the big screen.)

Check out this video, he goes into great detail on editing on the unit.

Pasquale -
IntimoMusic.com
Roland/Boss addict since '79

admin

Quote from: Intimo on September 07, 2022, 02:25:45 PMI find Boss Tone Studio (BTS) very laggy, not save or move around settings often.  I checked out your file and it had issues turning on instrument 3 and keeping it on.

This type of thing has forced me to edit on the unit. (not as much fun as on the big screen.)

Check out this video, he goes into great detail on editing on the unit.

I do all editing on the SY-1000 unit

Also disable the Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000 before any recording or live performance , else many SY-1000 functions will be laggy and perform poorly. (Guitar to MIDI)

gumtown

Don't know how I missed this post,
looked at your patch file, and the issue is in ASSIGN 4 where you have the INST 3 Volume toggling with CTRL2 footswitch, and the INST 3 also switched on/off with CTRL 2.
The Assigned switches will save in the state that they are in when the patch is written, so you may just need to reverse the condition of the INST 3 volume and save the patch again.

Cuurently Assign 4 toggles the INST3 volume between 100 and 0
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

olive2sing

Thanks for the replies,
Intimo, I have watched all his videos on the SY-1000, I found them extremely informative, I will watch them again.
gumtown, I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot my patch. I don't have time today but will look at it on Wednesday, and report back.

olive2sing

Thanks for the replies,
Intimo, I have watched all his videos on the SY-1000, I found them extremely informative, I will watch them again.
gumtown, I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot my patch. I don't have time today but will look at it on Wednesday, and report back.

I have played 2 gigs with the SY-1000 now, and it just blows me away.

olive2sing

I went in to try this again, and my problem seems to have disappeared. I suspected something in the control assignments but didn't see any conflicts.
Next time I write a patch I'm going to do all the editing on the SY-1000. This will help me learn faster.
I have been looking at tutorials on synth programming. All of my past experience has been with PCM synths.
I need to learn when to use an oscillator synth vs Dynamic synth. It is an uphill climb, but up is my favorite direction.

God bless Ya
Dave G

admin

Quote from: olive2sing on September 28, 2022, 10:23:36 AMI went in to try this again, and my problem seems to have disappeared. I suspected something in the control assignments but didn't see any conflicts.
Next time I write a patch I'm going to do all the editing on the SY-1000. This will help me learn faster.
I have been looking at tutorials on synth programming. All of my past experience has been with PCM synths.
I need to learn when to use an oscillator synth vs Dynamic synth. It is an uphill climb, but up is my favorite direction.

God bless Ya
Dave G

Analog Synth Primer
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6418.0