Clicks when using ctl instead of expression pedal

Started by Brak(E)man, July 17, 2022, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brak(E)man

Since I'm using ctl 3,4 for expression pedal and I use that for FV more or less exclusive I've tried using ctl 5,6 for a fake expression pedal.
I have 2 FS 5U set up.
Assigning ctl 5 to the same parameter moment mode with a short rise and fall gives me the result I want with one exception as the expression pedal assign to the same parameter. At times I get a click in the audio.
Using the ctl otherwise, there's no click , in other words the fs57u works fine.
Since I'm using it in this particular case as a fake expression pedal I do press it repeatedly and not necessarily before the parameter has risen up and fallen back down. That is because I want it to vary in intensity.
Sound examples here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=34689.msg256282#new

I don't have any clue to why I at times get an audible click.
Anyone?

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Brak(E)man

QuoteUsing a ctl instead of the expression pedal for the time glitches , since I always use the expression for FV.
( I'm getting some clicks that I have to check when using ctl instead of expression peda

I'm using the ctl in momentary mode and very rapidly in concession even before the parameter has reach the peak.
I'm wondering if there's a buildup when using the controller in this way that causes an "spike" in the current, it seems to happen more or less randomly.
I've tried all kinds of different settings and even changing it to momentary fx on/off instead of changing a parameter within the fx causes the same audio clicks
It's not happening at all with the expression pedal.

I'm not enough tech savvy to understand enough but hopefully there's a kind soul on the forum that could aid me. It would solve a lot of problems if I could get a grip on what's actually happening.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch