Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Russ

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.2.00 ] JUL 2022
Functionality Improvement
LINE OUT
Custom settings have been added.
EFFECTS
An effect chain has been added. "SOLO EQ", "PEDAL BEND", and "CENTA OD" have been added.
CONTOUR
In addition to switching between three types of tone definition (contour) characteristics, you can now configure your own custom settings.
SOLO
You can now use each FOOT CONTROL jack as a SOLO jack.
EQ2
EQ2 has been added, so that you can now use two EQs.
GLOBAL EQ
You can now set three types of global equalizers.

* Using the settings requires BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA Mk II version 2.0.0 or later.

MarkFromHawaii

Thanks. I got an email from Boss yesterday so I decided to update. I got stumped fir awhile on the drag and dropping the files in the Ver. 2 folder into the icon - took me about 3 tries for that. 🤣 Once up and running, I played around with some of the new features. Maybe the most useful being the 4 flavors of tone contour and the two multi-band EQ. I didn't realize there was that new Centa OD (Klone) setting so I'll probably go back in and play with that. But at the end of the day, I didn't save anything new to my presets that I'm happy with. I'll have to take a deeper dive and also download the new library. Nice to see Boss update things.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

mojotron

I use the midx-20 with my Katana MKII currently running v1.10. I wonder if anyone has info on how the MIDI/SYSEX map might have changed - anyone try the Katana MKII v2 with a midx-20 controller?

gumtown

The current MIDX-20 Katana MK2 mapping should still work, as the new Katana features are added (appended) to the end of the Version 1 mapping structure.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mojotron

Quote from: gumtown on July 27, 2022, 04:58:55 PMThe current MIDX-20 Katana MK2 mapping should still work, as the new Katana features are added (appended) to the end of the Version 1 mapping structure.

Oh awesome, thanks I'll give it a whirl this week and report back. This is more FOMO than function, I have to admit, but the additional solo functionality and recording options are ones I want to check out... just don't want to loose my sneaky amps :)

CodeSmart

Confirmed. I have checked in detail without actually upgrading yet.
Should be no problem.

There will be an upcoming MIDX-20 firmware with the following new commands:
CC50 Enable "Centa OD" with value 22
CC60 Enable "Pedal Bend" in MOD with value 30
CC90 Enable "Pedal Bend" in FX with value 30

May also look at the Amp position switch.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

sixeight

Quote from: CodeSmart on July 30, 2022, 09:34:28 AMConfirmed. I have checked in detail without actually upgrading yet.
Should be no problem.

There will be an upcoming MIDX-20 firmware with the following new commands:
CC50 Enable "Centa OD" with value 22
CC60 Enable "Pedal Bend" in MOD with value 30
CC90 Enable "Pedal Bend" in FX with value 30

May also look at the Amp position switch.

Robert, any chance you can share the sysex addresses of the new stuff?
There is also the new solo block to control.

mojotron

The Katana MKII V2 firmware works flawlessly with the MIDX-20.

My config is a bit complex with sneaky-amps and gain/volume, tap...

Everything worked great with the Katana mkii v2 and the zillions sysex commands I sent to it via the MIDX-20.

Thanks Robert for adding the new features!

CodeSmart

Quote from: sixeight on July 30, 2022, 12:34:29 PMRobert, any chance you can share the sysex addresses of the new stuff?
There is also the new solo block to control.
I've sent you a message.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!