GX 100 IR-Loader

Started by Singwas, June 23, 2022, 02:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

The GX 100 is my first unit with IR-Loader. Time for me to learn about this. I read and saw a lot, now it is time to get some IRs to work with. I play mostly clean and little crunchy. So I use the sims Twin or Diamond. Can you tell me, were I can find some suitable IRs to test. Or what is a good beginner site to buy some?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

admin

Quote from: Singwas on June 23, 2022, 02:14:51 PMThe GX 100 is my first unit with IR-Loader. Time for me to learn about this. I read and saw a lot, now it is time to get some IRs to work with. I play mostly clean and little crunchy. So I use the sims Twin or Diamond. Can you tell me, were I can find some suitable IRs to test. Or what is a good beginner site to buy some?

Many free ones here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=256.0

But on GX-100, the internal CAB Sims work extremely well, many don't bother with third party cab IR

Magic Russ

The GX-100 seems to have an issue with IR loading/processing where IR's can sound dark and muddy.  You can see examples in this video and others like it.

It seems that a similar bug was reported early on with GT-1000.  Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

Slartibartfarst42

Is there any indication of when Boss will get this problem with custom IRs fixed?

admin

Contact Boss support via Roland/Boss Backstage account

Zombiefied247

How do you take an IR out that you have put in the wrong place

Boisdelac

If it is the same like in the GT1000
... you can't delete it.... Just overwrite it and use another ir slot.

frankencat

I found that on the latest firmware 1.12 third party IR's sound fine, it's just that the output is a little lower so you need to compensate with the patch level up about +5. Once you do that it's all good. 48k

frankencat

BTW that IR loader app is hot garbage. C'mon Boss you can do better than that.  ;)

sandaler

Quote from: frankencat on July 17, 2023, 05:19:30 PMI found that on the latest firmware 1.12 third party IR's sound fine, it's just that the output is a little lower so you need to compensate with the patch level up about +5. Once you do that it's all good. 48k

Is this really the case? Did you compare directly with FW 1.11xxx using same t.p. IR? If so, that' great news. Did a comparison a few weeks ago where I used a GGD IR in the GX-100 and also applied it in Logic (turning off speaker sim in GX obviously), and the difference was massive in favour of Logic.