SY-1000- Normal 1/4 input settings note

Started by coincident, April 24, 2022, 01:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coincident

Interesting/unintuitive thing I found out about the normal input settings...

On the SY-1000, there are several unexpected settings under normal input configuration:

Compressor on/off

Attack
Sustain
Level

Sensitivity
Low
Hi

Neither the manual nor the interface makes this clear... but the attack/sustain/level settings ONLY apply when the Compressor is set to ON. (This my be obvious to some people, but was not to me.)

Cross referenced against the SY-300, it looks like the SY-1000 manual has a typo, where the attack/sustain/level settings should be indented under the compressor setting section of the table.

See attached images. First/top image should be SY1000, second/bottom image is SY300.

stub

Yea, good catch. It may seem like a small detail but those kinds of things can be tweaked for clarity. Even an indent or slight change of the parameter name can connect things in a helpful way.

jozart

Something the manual makes clear but is still not obvious, is that these settings only apply to the NORMAL input to DYNA SYNTH, right?

admin

Quote from: jozart on April 25, 2022, 11:14:27 AM
Something the manual makes clear but is still not obvious, is that these settings only apply to the NORMAL input to DYNA SYNTH, right?

They impact all normal input destinations , including FX and regular Amp Block

You can use SY-1000 essentially like a GT-1000 for electric guitar tones , besides Synth

Brak(E)man

The normal input settings makes a huge difference.
And that's why the hexaphonic input should have a input settings block imho.
I've mentioned it before, I know I'm sorry but..
The synths and instruments would benefit a lot.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch