Send live midi cc to GP-10 with Softstep and Midi Twister through Ableton Live

Started by ReniPerez, April 06, 2022, 11:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReniPerez

After playing somewhat exclusively with my Variax and Line 6 Helix, I decided it's time to bring the GP-10 out of mothballs and integrate it into my Ableton Live 11 environment.  I have a GK-3 pickup on my Variax JTV 69. 

Since I'm using Ableton Live with the GP-10 Windows 10 driver, I think I should be able to send midi cc messages from a Softstep and/or Midi Twister Fighter to the GP-10's eight available Assigns through Ableton Live.  I'm able to draw automation in either Session or Arrangement view in Ableton that successfully plays back and controls things like cutoff, resonance and EnvMod in a GR-300 patch on the GP-10 but I can't figure out how to control it in real time while playing the GP-10.

I think there's a trick to sending a midi track to another midi track but I can't figure out how to do it.  For drawing automation, the writing and playback of cc automation just happens in one midi track in Ableton with the Midi To going to the GP-10 but when I try to use the SoftStep or Midi Twister as a Midi In on that same track with either Monitor In or Auto and with Record Enabled, I'm not able to get the GP-10 to recognize the cc data coming from the controllers.

Does anyone know what's the proper way to set this up?

pasha811

Hi ReniPerez,

Can I take for granted that SoftStep or Midi Twister have the 'remote' switch in Ableton Live on ?
In that case if you program Gp10 accordingly to CC (switch effect on an so on) you should have it working.

Let me now.
Cheers
Paolo
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/