Set Expression Pedal Min and Max value to control Parameter 3 (Depth) via CC#

Started by ghoi88, January 14, 2022, 07:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghoi88

Looking for help to setup my expression pedal (CC#16) to control Parameter 3 (Depth) in Boss SY-200.

I have turned on "CC In" function and assigned Parameter 3 (Depth) with CC#16. The expression pedal works to change the value of Depth, but only 0 - 100. I will need the Min value to be 50 and Max value at 75.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Gary

admin

Describe the whole setup?

I assume you have an external MIDI CONTROLER? (AirStep, MIDI Commander, Moningstar?)

That is where you assign the range of the value for MIDI CC#16

gumtown

SY-200 EXP Pedal Function has Min and Max settings, try adjusting those to your required levels.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ghoi88

Quote from: admin on January 14, 2022, 10:25:02 PM
Describe the whole setup?

I assume you have an external MIDI CONTROLER? (AirStep, MIDI Commander, Moningstar?)

That is where you assign the range of the value for MIDI CC#16

I have the Old Boss FC-50 MIDI Foot Controller which is not capable of assigning range of parameter. The actual MIDI connection chain is :

FC-50 MIDI Out > Boss GT-1000CORE MIDI IN > GT-1000CORE MIDI Out > Boss SY-200 MIDI IN. The expression pedal is M-Audio EX-P.

ghoi88

Quote from: gumtown on January 14, 2022, 11:06:39 PM
SY-200 EXP Pedal Function has Min and Max settings, try adjusting those to your required levels.

Thanks for the info. However, the info from the manual is only for connection of expression pedal via CTL2/3 jack, not for MIDI CC connection.

admin

Quote from: ghoi88 on January 15, 2022, 06:56:11 AM
Thanks for the info. However, the info from the manual is only for connection of expression pedal via CTL2/3 jack, not for MIDI CC connection.
have the Old Boss FC-50 MIDI Foot Controller which is not capable of assigning range of parameter. The actual MIDI connection chain is :

FC-50 MIDI Out > Boss GT-1000CORE MIDI IN > GT-1000CORE MIDI Out > Boss SY-200 MIDI IN. The expression pedal is M-Audio EX-P.

Then the  old FC-50 will not be suitable for your needs

An external MIDI SOLUTIONS MIDI PRICESSOR could convert incoming MIDI CC#16 Value 0-127, to value 25-100

Or consider a more robust full featured MIDI Controller. all are listed here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=7.0