Patch is not saved within DAW

Started by ca-booter, November 10, 2021, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ca-booter

Maybe someone can help me with this one:
I never had any problems in Cubase with my TP and the patch I used to record with. But now every time I open the same project where I recorded wioth user-patch 25 the TP opens with patch 23, always the same, no matter with what patch I make a new recording. the chosen patch is not saved anymore.
In the midiports I only have the Fishman TP, not the midi-2, that is disabled as it should be.

ca-booter

Note:  also when I fire up TP as standalone, it is always starting with the same Patch nr.23. This did not happen to me all these years before. I can't pinpoint the issue sofar.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: ca-booter on November 11, 2021, 08:27:05 AM
Note:  also when I fire up TP as standalone, it is always starting with the same Patch nr.23. This did not happen to me all these years before. I can't pinpoint the issue sofar.

Are you saying that if you run the standalone version of TriplePlay, select a patch (for example patch #2), then quit, then restart the standalone software, it comes up on patch #23?

And are you also saying that when you save (for example patch #25) it seems to work and play correctly, but then when you quit and restart the software patch #25 is missing and the software selects patch #23?

The TriplePlay software uses a settings file to preserve various settings, such as the patch data for all user saved patches, as well as the number and patch list of the last-selected patch. Hard to say without more info, but maybe the settings file is corrupted? I recommend that you back up all of your user patches as a first step; go to the "Patches" window and from the "Options" menu choose "Export User Patches...". If you are using Hardware patches, also select "Export Hardware Patches...". That way, if the settings data turns out to be corrupted, you should be able to get back any patches you have programmed.

One thing you are not mentioning is which patch list you are selecting your patch from. In the main window where it shows the patch name in the upper left corner, what does it say directly under the patch name? Also, which version of TriplePlay are you running? Finally, do you use the "Songs" feature?

-John

ca-booter

Thanks for replying. Both of your questions are a Yes.
I know it is not a big issue, I can easily choose the correct Patch everytime, but this was never the case before.
I am running version the latest version1.5.19. My TP is from 2013. So I started with Sampletank 2 presets at that time.
Now in the Fatory Legacy patches I have a lot of RED presets, IAll from ST2 I believe, but no problem.

I never used Hardware Patches or Songs. I use TP always in Cubase. Only sometimes as standalone to quickly try out a few sounds.
In this "issue-case" I am selecting USER PATCHES list.
In the main window when I load poatch 25(Trillian BASS) it says in the upper left corner "Trillian Bass #25 in User patches".
I did export the Userpatches right now. Last time I did that, was a half year ago. I will do some testing next days.