VG-99- Tremelo

Started by Kebbel, November 03, 2021, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kebbel

It's embarrassing asking what is probably a very simple question, but I couldn't find it in the manual. How can I add Tremelo to a patch like you hear in the opening to "Gimme Shelter" or Link Wray's "Rumble"?

mostlyjazzer

Hi,
From left to right choose the A or B channel ( or both if you have 2 active instruments) press the FX button>>navigate through the icons to the right until you see MOD 1 ( or Mod2 or both) press corresponding button lined-up with knob. Turn on(F1) + turn to the right(F2). 3rd selection is Tremolo.  :)

gumtown

Once you have Tremolo effect selected, try setting the Rate based of note division timing,
try for example, setting the Tremolo Rate to "quarter Note" then in the Master section, set the BPM/Tempo to match the song.
Then go back to the tremolo effect and select a suited Rate division to match the song.
Since your tremolo rate is now sync'ed to the Tempo, all your other time based effects you might use in that patch can do the same time sync.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Kebbel

I successfully used mostlyjazzer's info and will try yours over the next few days as I'm selecting the songs I'll use it on. Thanks!