Forum changes: futureguitarnow.com has been merged with vguitarforums.com

Started by admin_shawnb, October 02, 2021, 09:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin_shawnb

Forum Changes!
Last night we merged the contents from futureguitarnow.com into vguitarforums.com.  Any reference to either site will bring you here.

There was just too much valuable information on futureguitarnow.com! We wanted to make it easier to access here.

What does this mean?
It will now be much easier to find old messages and content across both sites.  We have merged posts, users, downloads, polls, attachments, avatars... everything!

The post and user count will jump a bit.  You may see some quite old messages under Recent Posts on the home page.  This will correct itself over time.

In any place there was a duplicate member name across the two forums, "-fgn" was added to make the old one unique so it could be added safely.  "-fgn" means that account was brought over from futureguitarnow.com.

Can I merge my old futureguitarnow.com account with my current vguitarforums.com one?
In short, no.  This is a manual, time-consuming process.  It is safest just to leave them as-is.

gumbo

Thank you for your work on what would have been an interesting task, to say the very least.... !

Most appreciated... :)

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...