Why I switched from Iphone to Android

Started by Elantric-fgn, March 06, 2013, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric-fgn

Why I switched from Iphone to Android - by Andy Ihnatko
http://www.techhive.com/article/2030042/why-i-switched-from-iphone-to-android.html

Good article with good comments by Musicians who raise valid points
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

shawn-fgn

I haven't dug into iOS music apps as much as I'd like to. But I have used Garageband on my iPad, and I have plugged a guitar into the iPad using an iRig. It's far from a perfect setup, and there are definitely better iOS-compatible input devices. But it works with very little hassle. I've also heard good things about the new AudioBus app that allows users to route audio between different iOS apps. I haven't seen this kind of support for music-related apps on Android, and it doesn't seem like Google (or the many Android hardware manufacturers) are in any hurry to add this kind of functionality to the platform. Perhaps that'll change in the future. But for now, unlike Mr. Ihnatko, I won't be switching to Android.

Elantric-fgn

I own devices in both camps.

i agree with you, (at this hour March 2013)  for Music content creators, Apple IOS is several orders of magnitude better than any version of Android.

What i found interesting in the Andy Ihnatko article I linked  above was the valid comments by IOS music creators regarding the strength  / superiority of IOS over Android. Seldom see that type discussion on typical mobile device tech sites.   
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

tomtheguitarguy-fgn

It's too bad the latency for Midi is so bad on Android.  I had been contemplating making the switch from iOS to Android after using an Android phone for the past few years. But the lack of music / music creation apps for guitarists/midi make it tough to switch.   Perhaps this will change in the future and I can look at Android again . . .