Hello from Scotland

Started by Bigcraigie_1-fgn, April 24, 2013, 02:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigcraigie_1-fgn

Hi folks. Firstly, many thanks for accepting me into your community. Looks like a good place to be.

About myself:

I've been playing guitar for about 25 years now, played in various bands in my youth but now just a hobby when the kids are in bed. I've been around music technology for many years with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Music Technology and Electronics although again, just a hobby and not my day job.

My first taste of MIDI guitar, which is what brings me to this forum, was many years ago on an old Casio axe of some description which had the most awful latency. It was so bad, you could hit a note and by the time you made a cup of coffee and smoked a fag, the note was still not played!!! LOL

Since then I've been down the Roland route, owned a YRG and now using the Jam Origin app on both PC and iPad. Like many others, I've been on the hunt for the Holy Grail for the perfect solution. Jam Origin is getting close and I'm really interested in the Triple Play now, but sadly not yet available in the UK.

I'm a dedicated Cubase user with many VST soft synths which I would love to take full advantage of as my keyboard skills are not the best, so the perfect MIDI guitar is still a dream I am forever chasing.

My musical influences range for the 80's shredders such as Vai, Satriani, EVH, George Lynch etc , to many of the blues and jazz greats. Loving Steel Panther at the moment.

Gear wise, my main axe is an Ibanez RG2550Z but also own an Ibanez RG550 from way back, a USA Fender Standard Strat, an old Washburn G4 and a Variax 300. I play though my laptop only these days and haven't owned a real amp or effects board in a few years. I first got the bug for amp sims with the POD XT before moving onto plugins. For plugins, I'm mainly using S-Gear and Headcase by AcmeBarGig for my guitar tones and also some of the feeware ones by LePoulin, Nick Crow and Ignite.

So thats it about me. Again, many thanks for accepting me into this community and I look forward to sharing knowledge and general banter with you guys.

Craig.

Zummooz-fgn

Welcome to the friendly FutureGuitarForum

Glad to have you on board.

Cheers from Zummooz  ..... from all the way downunder   ;D

Quote from:  Bigcraigie_1 on April 24, 2013, 02:00:28 AM
My first taste of MIDI guitar, was many years ago on an old Casio axe of some description which had the most awful latency.

It was so bad, you could hit a note and by the time you made a cup of coffee and smoked a fag, the note was still not played!!! LOL
That's sooooooo       

......................................................    .....................................................................     .................................................
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Johnnyurq-fgn

Welcome from a fellow Scot in the Capital of the Highlands.

Change the BSc to Electronic & Electrical Eng and add a few more eclectic influences to yours and you could be me, or me maybe younger.  :)

You will love it here and the allied V Guitar Forums, great folks and very knowledgeable too.