Fishman Triple Play Pitch Bend with Ipad

Started by utensil-fgn, April 19, 2013, 03:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utensil-fgn

Hi I'm a little confused as the information is sort of being relayed in various places in mixed forms but so far what I've read is:

in Hardware mode , the triple play defaults to sending all strings on one channel and is chromatic
in Hardware mode (hold down up on D-Pad on powering up) , the triple play defaults to sending each string on individual channels...AND Pitchbend is Sent

I am using the midi monitor app and checked on my mac (without FTP software) and confirmed I am not getting any Pitchbend messages. Each string is send on a separate channel and when in this mode It still works in by sending another note on off when the bend gets to the next pitch. Anyone else have the same behaviour. Elantric, when you use it with the ipad are you able to get the pitchbend working?

Thanks for any help.

utensil-fgn

Ok So not sure if this is because I have a new firmware or what but in the hardware mode ( powering with up button pressed) , It defaults to chromatic (i.e no pitchbends sent) but if I press the left d-pad (the one closest to the volume knob) button it toggles to then start sending pitchbend messages . It can be toggled back an forth. I confirmed this by using midi monitor.

This is actually better than before cause now in hardware one can choose either but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so thought I'd post it. Anyone else have this behavior or is it in the new firmware only?

cc-fgn

Hardware mode is actually very comprehensive, but unfortunately there is no user documentation yet! The behaviour you are seeing is an accidental consequence of how the hardware mode patches and songs are currently programmed, so you should not rely on this. In hardware mode the Controller can be programmed to any of the pitchbend and mono or poly modes... I'm sure there will be more information on this eventually.