Hi from Alberta Canada. Arduino / Max enthusiast

Started by Advoc, May 10, 2012, 03:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advoc

Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for around 8 months or so.  I've finally finished my exams for my 2nd last semester in university (music degree) and since i have tomorrow off work and no school work to worry about, I'm up at 4 am on the internet.

I love guitars, I've built a few of my own from Warmoth parts and plan to build a few more.  Right now all my guitars are pretty basic, except that I have a GK-3 on my Warmoth Les Paul.   I've been a bit disappointed with the roland midi converters and never got my hands on an Axon before they went out of business.  So i've been looking at alternat methods of guitar trickery and found my answer in sensors, arduino, and Max/MSP.

I've got a few projects in the noggin i'm working on, and hopefully this summer a couple of them might come to fruition.

I've decided to ditch nearly all of my effects pedals.  Sell them off and rebuild them in software in the computer.  I use a Boss GT10 for my main system, but have a few extra things around that I dont really use.

I plan to build myself a completely new guitar processor in Max MSP and use my computer as my live rig instead of a huge pedal board.  With all the things I've been learning at school I've devised lots of different ways to control my guitar sounds, and i'm excited to frankenstein my setup.

I'm also planning on building a new guitar with "active electronics" in it in the form of an Arduino board with a few sensors hooked up to it.  A ribbon sensor down the back of the neck. maybe a gyroscope / accelerometer pair and a couple other goodies.  All for control.

I'm also working on a replacement for the aged roland guitar synth system.  I have an aversion to Midi,  I don't like it much and I wish the industry would move on.  OSC is king, and I plan to build a guitar  to OSC converter using arduino and a computer, as well as make it wireless.  Imagine the possibilities.

I realize that's not much about myself, more about my obsessions, but that's why we're all here right?

Cheers!

photonutalan1-fgn

Welcome, Advoc! Your projects are quite ambitious; please keep us informed as you proceed. You'll find many friendly and knowledgeable people on this forum to help you along your way!