Wild Crow - Psychedelic Misfit

Started by Elboy, July 11, 2010, 04:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elboy

We were chosen as artist of the week on our local radio station some weeks back and we were asked to submit a minimum of 3 tracks.  Two are posted on this site (Crazy and Dirty Gena) we didn't have a 3rd and had no access to the studio were had used previously.  I decided to give my BR-600 a good test to see what kind of results i could get.  So this is an old school no frills recording. There is no editing and all takes were done straight through.  It would be great to get your feedback and as always good, bad or indifferent is alway welcome.

In case you haven't listened to previous posts the band is Wild Crow - www.myspace.com/wildcrows.  It would be great to get some new friend on our page so please send us a request.

I write the songs, my 13 year old son is on lead guitar and Andy Dack on bass

Drums are straight out of my SR-18

Tks
Mark
Gibson Dark Fire DF 2053 (currently very healthy, although the paint on the pickups is coming off!!!)
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV
Hughes and Ketner 25 anniversary 20watt tube amp

Zummooz-fgn

Hi  Elboy

Yep  have  heard  your  other  songs  done.......enjoyed  these.
Well  I  can't  sing  for  peanuts , So  I  like  the  vocals , I  presume  this  is  you !!
For  straight  out  of  the  box  &  no  editing , sounds  good.

Bass  player  fills  it  nicely.
Impressed  by  your  son's  guitar  work.........at  13  yo
Have  you  ever  asked  him.......
Do  you  want  to  do  your  'Homework'  or  have  a  'Jam'  with  the  old  man.   ;D

Your  SR - 18  drums  are  like  my  Zoom  MRS  802  as  is  your  BR - 600
For  Drums..........Have  you  ever  heard  what  NI  Drum  Maschine  can  do ? 
This  is  what  I  now  use.

Also  well  done  on  being  chosen  as  'Artist  Of  The  Week'

Cheers  To  Ya..........Zummooz
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Melvin C

Cool.  Congrats on Artist of the Week!

Elboy

Tks guys.
Zummooz, I forgot to add that we were told that we needed a third song the day before it was required so I didn't have much time for frills on the drums (our drummer wasn't available) the song was recorded, mixed and mastered in about an hour.  After we did it we decided to let it go as it was.  We do it completely different live, it tends to explode at the chorus, which is fun.
Gibson Dark Fire DF 2053 (currently very healthy, although the paint on the pickups is coming off!!!)
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV

Zummooz-fgn

Hey  Elboy 

I  thought  you  had  a  drummer  from  your  other  songs,
So  you  don't  need  NI  Maschine , You  already  have  a  human  drum  machine !!

Thats  even  more  impressive  is  doing........Record  /  Mix   &  Mastered  in  1  hour.
It's  amazing  what  you  can  do  with  those  small  box's  of  goodies.

Well  done  I  say.

Cheers
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Elboy

I was impressed with the features in it.  I have never used it for anything other than a sketch pad before however i really do not enjoy the whole recording process these days.  I prefer just to write and play so i guess i just avoided using it.  I would highly recommend one now though, i think you can pick one up for £200 which is incredible when i think about my first ever 4 track portastudio!  Cheers for your comments
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV