SY-1000- Using the gk AND the normal input

Started by Nicolher, September 10, 2021, 02:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolher

Hi
I'd like to use both inputs, but not simultaneously, to be able to switch basses during the show.
I've noticed that the instrument output from the gk cable gets muted when a jack is inserted into the normal input.
Is there a way that this doesn't happen?
Or a trick, other than unplugging the normal input jack obviously 😂
Thanks in advance

jozart

Not an ideal solution, but you can use the RETURN as another input.

I think someone posted a video of their bass+guitar duo using this method in a jam.

Nicolher

Arh... already occupied by my external fx  :(

I'll try this
CTL1 can be used to switch the normal input ON / OFF
It might work ...

arkieboy

I have the same problems for years.  Seems to me there are just four solutions

1) use a regular guitar cable for both guitars (in addition to the GK cable on the GK guitar), and switch between the regular guitars using an AB switcher.  This way the GK guitar always presents the GK signal to the SY, but you can use both guitars into the normal signal path.

2) use guitar modelling for the regular guitar sound on the GK guitar and the jack input for your regular guitar.  Works for some people, I like to use the regular pickups on my GK guitars though.

3) buy some kind of external switcher from Primovasound or Wayne Joness.  I think both current Primovasound products can be persuaded to support your signal routing, although the GX2 is specifically designed with your usecase in mind.

4) I didn't have great results =just= plugging in a guitar to the return jack - I think there's more you need to do with impedances to make that work.  Maybe you could put an AB switch in your external loop and drop your regular guitar signal in there?

If you find a good compromise, please report back with a signal flow diagram!
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4