13 pin input guitar pedals.

Started by jonbda1492, August 26, 2021, 01:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonbda1492

Hi
I have fitted my Nylon classical Yamaha silent Guitar with the Ghost 13 pin system and have the Sy 1000 which provides  some very creative sounds. I am wondering what other guitar effects/ pedals have a 13 pin input. I am particularly interested in orchestral sounds as I mainly play ambient music. Some of the preset effects on the Sy 1000 are particularly good like Cave swim and across the lake. Thanks Jon

Brak(E)man

I'd recommend checking out the Spicetone 6appeal.
On the surface a hexaphonic dist/fuzz but in reality so much more.
More of a analog synth character.
It has fantastic sounds and filter + panning possibilities , LFO , sequencer and possible ADSR.
It needs additional pedals to go ambient , I use a zoom cdr70 and a looper etc.

See

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29945.msg218999#msg218999

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

GR-55, GR-33, GR-30, GR-20 pedals will all give you the "orchestral" tone, but these are PCM sample type synths if that is what you are aiming for.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

jonbda1492

Other than the GR pedals and the spice tone are there any other pedals out there that have the 13 pin input. I am just trying to find out what's available. but can't find much.

Brak(E)man

Vg 8 , 88 , 99 , GP-10 
Some stompbox type from Roland/ Boss  , dist , modulation and one more that I can't recall.
But the stompboxes or any of the units can not be linked afaik only in parallel.
The Spicetone has 13 pin out but people who have tried it has not been too happy.
The Spicetone unit on its own is brilliant.

- Lydia Lunch

admin

OP seeks orchestral sounds, so not sure why Spicetone hex fuzz was mentioned

Bulk of VGUITARFORUMS discussions are about GK-13 pin pedals,   seems you are seeking a Guitar to PCM Orchestral sounds pedal , the GR series,  GR-20 is smallest,  GR-33 is my fave, while  some prefer a GR-50 rack processor

Brak(E)man

Quote from: admin on August 26, 2021, 10:09:07 AM
OP seeks orchestral sounds, so not sure why Spicetone hex fuzz was mentioned

Bulk of VGUITARFORUMS discussions are about GK-13 pin pedals,   seems you are seeking a Guitar to PCM Orchestral sounds pedal , the GR series,  GR-20 is smallest,  GR-33 is my fave, while  some prefer a GR-50 rack processor

It depends on what you'd considered to be orchestral sounds and there was the reference to ambient music.
And to SY-1000 (which can't be said to have orchestra/orchestral sounds) and the specific patches Cave swim and across the lake.

- Lydia Lunch

GuitarBuilder

An alternative to pedals is Eurorack, where you can put together a set of modules to get whatever effects you can think of.

SynQuaNon (https://www.synquanon.com/) produces 13-pin Input and 13-pin Output modules that allow you to introduce the GK guitar signal as well as output to GK synths and pedals.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973