Jamstik Studio Improv Jam

Started by Yadrichik Chaya, July 27, 2021, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yadrichik Chaya

Todays improv jam, 100% Jamstik Studio. Jamstik Creator VST, Sampletank 4,
Kontakt vibraphone, SWAM Viola  ;)

carlb

You create the coolest melodic syncopated sequences, Yadrichik!

The jamstick is working really well to trigger for you. It feels great when we find that bit of kit collaboration that just works for what we want it to do.

Would you consider playing it live? Any caveats you would have to work through or around?
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: carlb on July 27, 2021, 02:36:12 PM
You create the coolest melodic syncopated sequences, Yadrichik!

The jamstick is working really well to trigger for you. It feels great when we find that bit of kit collaboration that just works for what we want it to do.

Would you consider playing it live? Any caveats you would have to work through or around?

Thank you! :D

The Jamstik is getting better and better, the software got an update a few days ago. I will have to start tweaking because right now I'm just doing plug and play ;) But if I really set it up, which I will, it would pretty much be flawless, no worries playing live :)

I just found a new VST called Vital https://vital.audio/ It's Free! :D

Many free presets out there for Vital but these sounds in the video below for $20 especially with the Jamstik set up the right way will be something really extra...  :o

Will post something using Vital/Jamstik later on  8)

carlb

Maybe something like this will finely drag me out of my old-school sensibilities and curmudgeonly ways to give real MIDI guitar another try.

Or, I could just craft a racetrack with my bag-O'-tricks, and toss is your way to do what you do much better than I ever could... Collaborations: often better than the sum of the parts. 😁
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: carlb on July 27, 2021, 03:11:45 PM
Maybe something like this will finely drag me out of my old-school sensibilities and curmudgeonly ways to give real MIDI guitar another try.

Or, I could just craft a racetrack with my bag-O'-tricks, and toss is your way to do what you do much better than I ever could... Collaborations: often better than the sum of the parts. 😁

I think you should go for the Jamstik! :) Then again Jamorigin is soon coming out with the software Midi Guitar 3 https://www.jamorigin.com/roadmap/ Worth checking out, they will also add violin, flutes, brass etc. in the software called Guitar MODS that tracks better than midi.

It would be an honor to add something, with the jamstik, on some idea you might have! :D But if you do something with the great violin player(s), fretless bass and drums/percussion guys I really need to find some tasteful sounds on the computer that blends well with the rest ;)

jassy

Sounds so alive and interesting, just curious how many tracks are there?

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: jassy on July 27, 2021, 04:58:19 PM
Sounds so alive and interesting, just curious how many tracks are there?
Thanks! :D

* The thing in the beginning with the normal guitar is triggering harp glissandos in Sampletank 4 - it is this that sparked the whole song but it is not really audible, just nice textures in the background :)

* Then there is a synth sound from Sampletank 4.

* Electric Piano patch from the Jamstik Creator VST.

And lastly the solo = SWAM Viola, Soniccouture Vibraphone, Soniccouture Balafon, and Jamstik Creator Voice sound heard in the beginning.

All the original guitar parts are also in the mix with Guitar Rig 6 :)

Thanks for listening! :D

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: carlb on July 27, 2021, 03:11:45 PM

R.I.P Carl Berger  :-[