Can Finally Afford a VG-8 for My Warr Guitar

Started by tchgtr, June 07, 2021, 12:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchgtr

I've wanted one of these for years, but the price remained a little steep for my budget. Finally I found a used one that I could afford.
Long story short...I like it a lot!
Here is a vid where I use the VG-8 for the guitar tone on my piezo-equipped Warr, while I tap bass with my left hand.
There is much less crosstalk between the two sides of the guitar with the VG-8 while using heavy distortion than with standard guitar FX, and this is a pleasant surprise.
I also like the range of sounds it can produce, and was lucky to get one with the S1 upgrade, but I didn't care for the presets, and had to spend weeks creating my own patches. I'm also pleased with the range of synth-like sounds it can produce, and enjoy playing pads, 12-string acoustic and electric, hollow-body jazz tones, synth-bass, and all the cool stuff that you all are probably familiar with.
I already opened it up and replaced the output capacitors, so it's nice and quiet, and sounds great!
Thanks for watching!

Tapped Gtr

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

jassy

Very good playing and music, its your own composition?

chrish

Frank Zappa. Can definitely hear that.

The V8 is still one of the best. I jumped in when they were $1000 new on closeout with GK2 and 13 pin cable.

tchgtr

Quote from: jassy on June 08, 2021, 09:26:04 AM
Very good playing and music, its your own composition?
Hi jassy-this is a piece of music written by Frank Zappa around 1975. Thanks for watching and commenting!
Tapped Gtr