GT-10 - Connect Mic Pre on Send-Return (useful for both Live and USB recordings)

Started by mignolyx, June 05, 2021, 03:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mignolyx

Hello everyone.
Small question.
I want to use the GT-10 live for both guitar and vocals.
My plan is to do this using a mic preamp and connect it to the GT-10's send & return.
I would also like to use it as an audio interface to record both guitar and vocals at the same time or using patch changes.
Is there any of you who have attempted this experiment, without signal loss and with quality?

gumtown

I have not tried that method myself, but my opinion is it would work with a small degree of satisfaction, depending on your expectations.
The recording quality will be 24bit 44.1kHz
The difficulty will be the stereo output via USB and the separation of the guitar and vocals in the recording.
If you want vocals and guitar separated, but both recorded at the same time, best to move the Mixer block to the end of the chain in front of the USB block, as any effect placed after the mixer will cause channel bleed and mix the guitar and vocal tracks if you are wanting to record vocals > Left, Guitar > Right.

There is a mode to select in the Mixer block which will give separated Left and right from channel paths A and B.
Place the S/R loop at the start of one of the A/B paths, and select S/R mode to Normal (i think) to block the guitar from the same channel the S/R is in, and plug the mic preamp into the GT-10 S/R Return.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mignolyx

Think you that if i use ex. A MIC200 Behringer in/out in the SR of GP's chain, can i match the sound and the impedence of DI output with the one tha GP expected from a normal pedal effect connected?

pauloshure

I believe that the best way for you to do this would be using a soundboard with a usb audio interface, today there are several from 2 channels and it goes up...I've seen some posts from people who connected guitar and guitar to the pedalboard, but the The result was not commented on whether it worked correctly or not, they just said that it works, but as usual they don't teach how to do it.