Display error

Started by wl7coe, May 10, 2021, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wl7coe

When I first powered on the Gigaboard the display was an off white color.   It stayed like this for awhile. I turned the unit off and unplugged power.   Checked power supply voltage, it was nominal.  I tried several more times to power the unit on, even trying a reset.   After several unplug and plu in attempts unit display appeared.    Used the unit for two days.   No issues. Then I plugged it in and turned it on and I got the white display again.   Again I just unpluged everything, eventually the unit display appeared.

Is this normal behavior?

Display pic attached.

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group wl7coe!  :)

admin

Quote from: wl7coe on May 10, 2021, 10:33:31 AM
When I first powered on the Gigaboard the display was an off white color.   It stayed like this for awhile. I turned the unit off and unplugged power.   Checked power supply voltage, it was nominal.  I tried several more times to power the unit on, even trying a reset.   After several unplug and plu in attempts unit display appeared.    Used the unit for two days.   No issues. Then I plugged it in and turned it on and I got the white display again.   Again I just unpluged everything, eventually the unit display appeared.

Is this normal behavior?

Display pic attached.

Contact Headrush support asap

wl7coe

I have reported this error and have not heard back...   Was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

But thank you for the suggestion!

If this is just a flake of the device  I will put up with it,  I still have a few days to return it back through Amazon..

gumtown

I would return it, it won't get better by itself, and things can go from bad to disastrous.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

wl7coe

I still have not heard from the support folks at headrush...  Four days now.... If I ever do hear back I will post here. (Used the online support form at Headrushes website)

Thank you all that suggested I return it, which is what I intend to do from the start, just wanted to see if anyone else seen this issue while I was waiting for support to get back to me.  I should have made that more clear in my original post. I guess no one has had this issue as none who actually knew the error have replied.

Anyways I purchased the unit through the headrush store on amazon, called Amazon last night and a replacement is on the way....  One of the reasons I like buying from Amazon, the chances of support are higher and faster.  Since it is a technology item, I had to go through an Amazon  technical support person who wanted to make sure I powered cycled and reset the device.  After that was clear sailing to getting a replacement on the way  and I have thirty days to send the other item back using the provided free return label.  The replacement is being sent two day. 

Now I am wondering how long Headrush support will take to get to me, four days with out even a "Hay we got your issue and are working on it" auto reply email.

Unfourtantly for now I like the board enough that I will have to put up with crappy customer support...  But I surely will not recommend crappy support to my friends. Unless they buy through Amazon.