New video >>> Graphtech Ghost Hexpander on Music Man Luke with Roland GR55

Started by doha1696, January 12, 2021, 02:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doha1696

Hi folks,

I made a new Youtube video to show how my Music Man Luke sounds with the GR 55 via The Graphtech Ghost Hexpander and without any GK3 pickup... All sounds come from The GR55 with no adds or overdubs. Let's comment' and tell me what you think... Don't hesitate to subscribe if you want to be advised for the next videos...

If you need informations, please come see us on Fret-Time.com and read the following review : https://www.fret-time.com/490-graphtech-ghost-hexpander-et-music-man-luke-mariage-arrang-pour-le-meilleur-en-photos-et-en-vid-o. On this review, you'll watch a lot of pics about the Graphtech installation.

The Youtube video :

Dominik Hardy

http://fret-time.com

aliensporebomb

Really nicely done installation and the video examples sounds great. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

chrish

Nice. Been wanting to demo a GR55 someday.

Do you see a tracking improvement as a result of that particular Pickup?

Sounded glitch free. I'm sure your clean guitar playing technique helps a lot also.

peter_dawson

Yeah. Ditto chrish's comments. Sounds really nice.

Do you get better results with the Graphtech than the GK3? (some mixed views on here about which is best)

doha1696

I think yes, there's a better tracking with the Graphtech... In particular, ghost notes are really attenuated. I worked a lot on my guitar playing that needs to be really clean with all the GR PCM sounds. In addition, I also worked a lot on the settings of the machine... For me, the Graphtech Ghost Hexpander system is an excellent option which also allows me to better enjoy my guitar visually and which does not require any readjustment over time compared with the GK3. It also works very well with the SY 1000 I've just received...
Dominik Hardy

http://fret-time.com

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

peter_dawson

Quote from: doha1696 on January 29, 2021, 07:06:38 AM
I think yes, there's a better tracking with the Graphtech... In particular, ghost notes are really attenuated. I worked a lot on my guitar playing that needs to be really clean with all the GR PCM sounds. In addition, I also worked a lot on the settings of the machine... For me, the Graphtech Ghost Hexpander system is an excellent option which also allows me to better enjoy my guitar visually and which does not require any readjustment over time compared with the GK3. It also works very well with the SY 1000 I've just received...

Right. Interesting comments. I have an old Ibanez 1520GK with piezos and I think it is brilliant. It really seems to work for me although many people on VG forums say the GK3 is better. I'm thinking of getting a newer Ibanez so will need to choose to either fit it with the Ghost system or get a GK3 installed. The ghost has lower impact on the layout of the guitar, so that is a plus too.

Did you fit it yourself or get a luthier to do it?

jimmyj

QuoteRight. Interesting comments. I have an old Ibanez 1520GK with piezos and I think it is brilliant. It really seems to work for me although many people on VG forums say the GK3 is better. I'm thinking of getting a newer Ibanez so will need to choose to either fit it with the Ghost system or get a GK3 installed. The ghost has lower impact on the layout of the guitar, so that is a plus too.
I hesitated for a couple of years about installing the Graphtech Ghost system on my Jackson PC-1 because of what some people were saying here. Big big mistake. I finally installed the Ghost system since they sell a Floyd Rose bridge with the piezos already installed. It blows all my GK3 guitars out of the water. Everything just sounds more alive and the acoustic patches are far better. To me it even sounds better than my RMC Brian Moore guitars. I don't believe one size fits all when it comes to guitars and playing styles. This is only my opinion and it may not work for you. The only GK guitar that I have that I like is a Strat that I put an internal GK-2 system in.

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: jimmyj on February 01, 2021, 07:09:10 AM

I hesitated for a couple of years about installing the Graphtech Ghost system on my Jackson PC-1 because of what some people were saying here. Big big mistake. I finally installed the Ghost system since they sell a Floyd Rose bridge with the piezos already installed. It blows all my GK3 guitars out of the water. Everything just sounds more alive and the acoustic patches are far better. To me it even sounds better than my RMC Brian Moore guitars. I don't believe one size fits all when it comes to guitars and playing styles. This is only my opinion and it may not work for you. The only GK guitar that I have that I like is a Strat that I put an internal GK-2 system in.

Put in a Cycfi Research Nu Multi 6 pickup and your mind will be double blown!

peter_dawson

chrish

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on February 01, 2021, 09:44:55 AM
Put in a Cycfi Research Nu Multi 6 pickup and your mind will be double blown!
thanks for the reminder. I see now that they have a special GK 13 pin comparable kit that makes it easier to understand and integrate with the nexus breakout  box.

https://www.cycfi.com/product/nexus-gk-gk-set/

jimmyj

If I ever do another guitar project the Cycfi Research Nu pickup is what I'm going to try. I have a snakeskin SG copy that I would like to put the Nu pickup in but I hate to loose the bridge pickup that's in it now since it sounds so good.

GuitarBuilder