GT-1 Aux Input

Started by colcar, December 02, 2020, 07:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcar

Hi there, first message here and enjoying the forum so far  :D

I've just bought a GT-1 and was hoping to incorporate it into my busking set, what I want to know is if it's possible to simultaneously input my guitar, microphone (for beatboxing) and my tablet (which has a drum machine app) for use with the looping function?

At the back of the unit I'm only seeing an input for either a mic or guitar and a 3.5 aux input so I'm thinking unfortunately this probably isn't possible?

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group colcar!  :)

admin

Looping only possible with the 1/4" input

The AUX Input is just a "MIX INPUT routed direct to the GT-1 final output in the analog domain 
- no FX or looping or USB routing is possible with AUX Input signals

colcar

Ah that's a shame, so I can only loop one instrument/mic with the GT-1?

admin

Correct
Best to get an external mixer and a looper pedal

colcar

Well to be honest, that's what I bought the GT-1 for, I thought it was ideal as an effects processor and looper in one, I'm very bummed out to discover that I can only plug one thing into it.

admin

Quote from: colcar on December 02, 2020, 08:58:57 AM
Well to be honest, that's what I bought the GT-1 for, I thought it was ideal as an effects processor and looper in one, I'm very bummed out to discover that I can only plug one thing into it.

Same rule applies to the AUX Input on most other Roland/ Boss gear  (GT-001, GT-100,GP-10, Cube Amps, Katana Amps )- its just an analog  stereo mix input direct to the final output  - handy for many ( like playing backing tracks)

Brak(E)man

Quote from: admin on December 02, 2020, 09:08:22 AM
Same rule applies to the AUX Input on all other Roland/ Boss gear  - its just an analog  stereo mix input direct to the final output  - handy for many ( like playing backing tracks)

Not the RC-505 , the aux in is loopable together with both the microphone input and the two line inputs.
( or on its own for that matter )
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from: Brak(E)man on December 02, 2020, 10:01:28 AM
Not the RC-505 , the aux in is loopable together with both the microphone input and the two line inputs.
( or on its own for that matter )

I understand similar occurs in RC300

But those are exceptions-always read the manual

colcar

Thanks for the responses and putting up with a noob, much appreciated.

One more question, would it be possible to connect the guitar and mic leads with some sort of adapter then connect that to the GT-1's 1/4" input so I can at least loop guitar and beatboxing?

I'm guessing there's some obvious reason why this would be inadvisable.

Brak(E)man

You'd need more than an adapter.
The microphone needs a preamp, the guitar and the microphone have different impedance.
It won't be easy or cheap or sound good not even acceptable.

You're better off getting a looper with multiple inputs like the rc-505.
Or a mixer + a looper

- Lydia Lunch

colcar

Ah OK thanks.

I see the RC-300 has a 3-pin mic input, does that mean you can include the mic sound in loops along with an instrument?

Also, does the RC-300 have the same range of sound processing effects patches as the GT-1?

Brak(E)man

I've never used rc-300 .
the rc-505 can loop the microphone input , the line/instruments inputs and the aux input separately and I believe combined.( I've not tried the last so I can't guarantee that part.)
The RC-505 has lots of effects but not guitar amp simulation.
It has distortion, flange , delays etc etc. but  I'd use the GT-1 for the guitar and line that into rc-505.
Unless you're fine using guitar without amp or speaker emulation.

I recommend reading the manuals.

- Lydia Lunch