SY-1000 - Classical Harp - She's leaving Home

Started by Nobulusprime, October 30, 2020, 05:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobulusprime

This is a combo of Nylon Guitar, Osc Synth (yes it can be used!) and the Dynamic Synth to create a Harp like sound.

Playing is everything, if you play up the fretboard with your picking hand you get a more authentic tone out of the Nylon. Play with as much sustain as you can... The OSC provide a bit of the longer decay of the Harp sound which helps and the Dynamic provides some of the attack and tone of a harp.

Another classic Beatles intro She's Leaving Home - I had to overdub this as it's not possible to do well on one guitar, so one guitar covers the melodic part and the other covers the lower chords

eobreit

This is a wonderful patch! Thank you very much.  :)

stub

The intro of She's Leaving Home has a little slap-back delay of a 16th note. It goes away right after the intro.

That harp sound you got is pretty nice.

Nobulusprime

Quote from: stub on October 30, 2020, 12:10:13 PM
The intro of She's Leaving Home has a little slap-back delay of a 16th note. It goes away right after the intro.

That harp sound you got is pretty nice.
Yeah you're right, I always thought that was a harp technique. I could add That in quite easily :)

Nobulusprime

Added the delay, sounds more like it now :)

Allomerus

Excellent. Thanks again for sharing!

Smash

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Yaroslav_Z

This is the usable patch!  Thank you very much.

sunbambino

Your Class Harp patch completely rocks, thank you so much

admin

Works well for me -

Where is the glitching?

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on June 16, 2021, 08:30:54 AM
We have.... Go to the sy-1000 patch part and download any of mine or Nobulusprime patches or anyone else that has the same issue if they released some patches go try them. They're in there. They've been there the whole time and anyone could have went and tried them by now?

Nobulusprime

I feel extremely guilty that I didn't attribute the original performance of this beautiful passage to Sheila Bromberg who passed away less than a year after posting this. All too often brilliant musicians are overlooked in the creation of iconic
music. Full respect to Sheila and her family.