2021 HELIX MKII

Started by admin, October 21, 2020, 04:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

I see Chad just renamed his group to the "Original Helix"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/?multi_permalinks=1645128249004175&notif_id=1603308173385906&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

smells to me like 2021 HELIX MKII and a new 2021 Variax are on their way.

Kevin M

A new Variax would be interesting

sixeight

Quote from: admin on October 21, 2020, 04:12:59 PM
I see Chad just renamed his group to the "Original Helix"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/?multi_permalinks=1645128249004175&notif_id=1603308173385906&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

smells to me like 2021 HELIX MKII and a new 2021 Variax are on their way.

I think "original" is a way to distinguish from the many other Helix groups that are on Facebook. Maybe Chad was first? I don't know.

But Line6 do give the impression that they have a clear road map ahead. So when a new Helix model comes, I don't think even Chad knows.

admin

Quote from: sixeight on October 22, 2020, 09:02:44 AM
I think "original" is a way to distinguish from the many other Helix groups that are on Facebook. Maybe Chad was first? I don't know.

But Line6 do give the impression that they have a clear road map ahead. So when a new Helix model comes, I don't think even Chad knows.

But Chad would be 1st NDA beta tester (Yamaha enforces silence) and history shows 5 years is typical lifespan for Line-6 gear before a hardware refresh.

I figure March 2021 release

JiveTurkey

I thought it was because there was some sort of weird shift where people didn't want to be pressured into buying covers/press on buttons/wtever other weird shill crap and they splintered off into separate groups. I thought he changed that name early on, too.

sixeight

I am very curious about the Quad Cortex as a replacement of the Helix. But I tend to wait a few years before getting something new. I mean, I didn't even get the SY-1000 yet....

aliensporebomb

That's why I thought it was interesting they posted a video talking about the development history and they were talking about the product as if it was something they used to make.  At least, that's the perception I have.

BUT....if I were Line6?

I'd analyze the quad cortex to see what it's got that the Helix doesn't and work towards providing a comparable feature set?
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash

Excellent amp sampling and a shed load of CPU, other than that...

I think They need to work on the feel of their models - as someone said elsewhere you can get a great sound out of the speakers but the feels off. They already have some great effects algorithms and if you can live with a JTV it's an incredibly versatile set up.

Maybe hex synth will come with Vax 3 and Hel2x

Matteo Barducci

watch Line6 website today...
--

---> Matteo Barducci

Headless68

If you were the marketing manager at line 6 I'm guessing just at the point quad cortex is about to be available would be a great time to announce Helix II & hold some buyers off

Smash

If will need some sort of tone match and large DSP ramp to do that I think. That said Line 6 support and updates second to none - Quad entirely unknown quantity here, could be another Boss

The Quad tone matching appears best in class from videos but it doesn't have the breadth of effects the Helix does as far as I can tell. And 1000 IRs - option paralysis overload... Still no idea why they used letters instead of numbers for the buttons - number recognition is quicker. Plus interface still looks under cooked - mode signalling is very poor for example.

BROCKSTAR

Yeah chad has called his group "original" for a long while now and with 3.0 dropping just 2 days ago, I don't see a helix 2 yet.... maybe 2022. I think they'll go to firmware 5.0 before doing anything. I see them working on lowering DSP values with the new poly stuff first and adding more things still. With the way the world is right now, and probably not gonna be much better in 2021 with this pandemic, i think it wouldn't be a good plan to drop something like that.

BROCKSTAR

Obviously this means nothing sometimes as plans can change but Eric has been consistent on saying the same thing for awhile. I just came across this that he said yesterday.

P.S: However if something did happen anytime soon and a helix 2 came out, I'd jump on it as well if I could. May have to let some stuff go but I'd do it lol.

acousticglue

Any pedal company need to collaborate with 3rd party FX people to create the next great addin for them. Maybe they already do that I dont know.

loopman

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on November 22, 2020, 03:32:58 PM
Obviously this means nothing sometimes as plans can change but Eric has been consistent on saying the same thing for awhile. I just came across this that he said yesterday.

P.S: However if something did happen anytime soon and a helix 2 came out, I'd jump on it as well if I could. May have to let some stuff go but I'd do it lol.

what's the name of this facebook group? Can you post ideas for the next Helix MK II there?

Kevin M

I think there will be a new Helix sooner than later....I'd bet late next year or early 2022. New hardware would allow them to enhance the poly stuff and even add some real poly synth effects. Btw, using Helix Native and turning off compatibility mode is pretty nice with this latest update (no, or fewer restrictions on blocks).

admin

Quotegonzoknife said:
From the Helix 3.0 thread. It's vague but sounds like something new is planned for January. No idea what they'll be releasing but unless a new modeler is essential today I think waiting is the prudent move

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/so-got-fractal-fm3-invite.2197893/#post-31411856

loopman

Quote from: admin on November 25, 2020, 06:57:14 AM
I contact him at TGP (Digital-Igloo)

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?members/digital-igloo.86600/

How do you contact him? On the page you attached, when I go to his profile I can't find any way to contact or write him personally. Instead if I try to click on "Start conversation" the page says: The following recipients have reached their maximum allowed inbox limit: Digital Igloo.

admin

Then join the Facebook group
https://facebook.com/groups/1730763273911707/