Brian Moore iGuitar 8.13 went dead??

Started by alangeer, October 16, 2020, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alangeer

Hi,

Bought a 8.13 about 2 months ago, works great, now non of the controls work.  Simple conclusion - must be the battery.  Swapped out the 9volt but still no luck.  Guitar has 13 pin output, but volumes dont work, switches dont work for changing patches - nothing.  The manual mentions nothing, nothing listed on any message board [that I can find].

Any ideas?  I am hoping I am just overlooking something super obvious!

Thanks!

Alan

admin

Quote from: alangeer on October 16, 2020, 06:25:55 PM
Hi,

Bought a 8.13 about 2 months ago, works great, now non of the controls work.  Simple conclusion - must be the battery.  Swapped out the 9volt but still no luck.  Guitar has 13 pin output, but volumes dont work, switches dont work for changing patches - nothing.  The manual mentions nothing, nothing listed on any message board [that I can find].

Any ideas?  I am hoping I am just overlooking something super obvious!

Thanks!

Alan

Remove the internal Battery in the Brian Moore iGuitar 8.13
Battery is only used for stand alone non GK 13 use for the Piezo Bridge tones   

it employs RMC Piezo Electronics, which are powered directly from the +7VDC/-7VDC on the GK13 cable

a bad GK 13 cable is typical issue   

Troubleshooting
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79.0

alangeer

Wow - that was fast!  Appreciate, I will try it right away.

Paresh

I got this message from them a while back:

Sometimes if the battery is left in too long it can leak and cause damage internally resulting in the battery compartment needing to be replaced.
If you did have a damaged battery compartment, that is the kind of thing that we would include if you sent the guitar back to us for a factory spa treatment as you inquired about back in February.
As Admin said, you don't need it. Also i wrote tech support a couple of weeks ago but no reply. Nothing important, but I wonder if they (Brian Moore) are still in business?

paresh

admin

Quote from: Paresh on October 17, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
I got this message from them a while back:

Sometimes if the battery is left in too long it can leak and cause damage internally resulting in the battery compartment needing to be replaced.
If you did have a damaged battery compartment, that is the kind of thing that we would include if you sent the guitar back to us for a factory spa treatment as you inquired about back in February.
As Admin said, you don't need it. Also i wrote tech support a couple of weeks ago but no reply. Nothing important, but I wonder if they (Brian Moore) are still in business?

contact them at iGuitar Workshop
http://www.iguitar.com/

iGuitar, Inc./iGuitar Workshop. USA.

Phone 845-809-5347

Fax 845-808-5348

sales@iguitarworkshop.com