NUX - MG-300 Midi implementation guide

Started by sixeight, September 06, 2020, 08:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Quote from: barrios on November 02, 2021, 12:46:32 PM
Hi all,

newbe MG-300 user here. The single feature I am missing for live performance is a way to toggle jam-mode by foot-switch to control looper, drums & guitar effects while playing. I was glad to read the device apparently listens to many MIDI-CC messages over USB.

Does jam-mode listen to one?

Best,
barrios

All known Nux MG-300 MIDI CC are listed here

(Jam mode and Looper mode is missing / unknown)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=29139.0;attach=21589

barrios

Hmmm, if the MG300 would also respond to CC 60 with a patch change in JAM-mode and stay in JAM-mode while doing so, this would be awesome for me.

Does anyone know if this the actual behovior?

sixeight

Quote from: barrios on November 02, 2021, 02:00:23 PM
Hmmm, if the MG300 would also respond to CC 60 with a patch change in JAM-mode and stay in JAM-mode while doing so, this would be awesome for me.

Does anyone know if this the actual behovior?

That does work for me. Checkout this video.

I am changing patches with the VC-mini with the MG-300 in jam mode.

barrios

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Successfully tested it with https://github.com/gbevin/SendMIDI in JAM-mode.

Works like charm  :)

Now I'm able to build my own Arduino-driven footswitch for patch change.

Let's go live-looping  8)

deki_ns

Hi all. I am trying to build a simple footswitch to change patches on my mg300 using Arduino Uno. I managed to send some midi commands to PC over the usb cable using the Hairless MIDI program. Can anyone tell me how to actually connect Arduino Uno to the MG300? Do I need a USB shield or something else?

sixeight

Quote from: deki_ns on May 06, 2022, 01:18:15 PM
Hi all. I am trying to build a simple footswitch to change patches on my mg300 using Arduino Uno. I managed to send some midi commands to PC over the usb cable using the Hairless MIDI program. Can anyone tell me how to actually connect Arduino Uno to the MG300? Do I need a USB shield or something else?

Yes, you need a shield. I have not tested this, but it should work. It does work with the USB host port on Teensy 3.6 and 4.1.

deki_ns

QuoteYes, you need a shield. I have not tested this, but it should work. It does work with the USB host port on Teensy 3.6 and 4.1.

Thank you for replying. I will switch to the Arduino Pro Micro since I have a few of them around and they should support the USB Midi connection. One thing still puzzles me, on your V-Controller mini do you connect USB A connector data lines to the existing USB connector (practically reusing the existing connector) or do you have some other logic for it?

I am thinking about using the OTG cable to convert the existing micro USB port on the Arduino Pro Micro to the USB A. Do you think that could work?

sixeight

Quote from: deki_ns on May 11, 2022, 01:56:41 PM
Thank you for replying. I will switch to the Arduino Pro Micro since I have a few of them around and they should support the USB Midi connection. One thing still puzzles me, on your V-Controller mini do you connect USB A connector data lines to the existing USB connector (practically reusing the existing connector) or do you have some other logic for it?

The Teensy 3.6 and 4.1 have two USB ports. One client port for connecting to a computer and one host port that can connect to (MIDI) devices. I do use wires to connect a USB B connector to the client port. The reason is that a USB B port is stronger and more durable. I just like them better than the USB micro port on the Teensy. There is no host port on the Teensy, only pins.