Donner -Emo-Amp Passive FX Loop Attenuator footswitch

Started by admin, June 29, 2020, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Weight: 220g
Description
Rock Out At Low Volume
The EMO-AMP Controller is a passive attenuator designed for using with your amp's FX Loop jacks (better settle it in a serial FX loop). When you need to rock out at low volume, this will be a great help. But remember: do not set it between your amp and cabinet.
No Power Supply Needed
You don't need an extra power supply for the tiny unit: connect to your amp's FX Loop jacks, set a level and done - or tap the footswitch to immediately turn the out level to minimum. The power jack is for supplying LED onboard only.
True Bypass
The EMO-AMP Controller features true bypass design which keeps your sound pristine.
Carefully Selected Components
The EMO-AMP Controller is designed and built with carefully selected components to ensure best sound quality and road performance. The solid Aluminum-alloy chassis ensures using reliability.

Connections & Controls

A:DC IN POWER JACK:For supplying LED only. Use a 9-volt DC regulated by AC adapter, 500mA (plug polarity is positive on the barrel and negative in the center).
B: LEVEL KNOB:Controls the output level.
C: RETURN JACK:1/4"mono audio jack,for connecting amp's FX loop send jack.
D: MINIMUM FOOTSWITCH AND LED:Tap the footswitch to immediately set amp output to minimum. In this case, the LED will lit up.
(Note: connecting to amps with serial FX loop is recommended.)
E: SEND JACK:1/4" mono audio jacks, for connecting amp's FX loop return jack.

Specifications
Power Requirement: 9V DC center negative
Current Consumption: 10mA
Dimensions: 42x93.5x52mm
Weight: 220g

mooncaine

Or, I guess, you could put any effect in the loop, instead of this, and just turn its output level down?

How's this Emo-Amp gadget different? Looks decidedly low-tech to me, like, 100 years old tech. What am I missing here?

admin

Quote from: mooncaine on June 29, 2020, 02:44:09 PM
Or, I guess, you could put any effect in the loop, instead of this, and just turn its output level down?

How's this Emo-Amp gadget different? Looks decidedly low-tech to me, like, 100 years old tech. What am I missing here?

Its for those who lack skills with a Screwdriver, hand drill and soldering  - but the parts alone will cost about what this can be found for new ($25)

But ANY amp with a serial External Effects Loop - insert this and use it as a foot switchable "SOLO BOOST Pedal".

Use it a signal attenuator to feed other FX that might overload  / clip  from a typical Amp FX Loop Line Level signal

Shingles

Quote from: mooncaine on June 29, 2020, 02:44:09 PM

Not any effect as your fx loop might be line level, and so many effects will distort. Also, many effects don't have an output level control.

I have a very similar device in the series loop of my big old Laney VC50. Very convenient. Cost less than I would have to pay for the parts, let alone the cost of my labour. It's even made by hex.
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

SY.Borg.300

I have one of these made by a guy on reverb. I wanted another one but he's too busy right now so I bought the donner. BUT...it looks like the footswitch is a mute not a bypass so the literature is mistaken. I don't have it yet but the order says (pedal) with MUTE FOOTSWITCH. I can probably mod it easy enough but thought I'd warn others.

vtgearhead

Quote from: SY.Borg.300 on August 10, 2021, 06:31:07 PM
I have one of these made by a guy on reverb. I wanted another one but he's too busy right now so I bought the donner. BUT...it looks like the footswitch is a mute not a bypass so the literature is mistaken. I don't have it yet but the order says (pedal) with MUTE FOOTSWITCH. I can probably mod it easy enough but thought I'd warn others.

Obviously a wiring error.  These devices are about as dirt-simple as it gets.