Waza AIR - My relatively versatile custom liveset of 5 patches

Started by Pi3141, June 08, 2020, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pi3141

Hi,

I'd like to share the patches, I created for my WAZA AIR (see attachment).
The default patches sounded quite dull to my ear, so I made my own patches a little crispier.

The .tsl file contains the following 5 patches:
CRISP -> relatively clean sound with some dirt, depending on your pickups
WET -> more cleaner, ambient sound
BLUES -> overdriven sound with reverb
DIST -> distorted sound with delay
OVRDRV -> overdriven sound with delay

Please let me know what you think.

Mrchevy

Pi3141, thanks for posting patches. The Administrator set up a thread for this, but I have been meaning to try and figure it out as to how to upload a patch, and download a patch. If you have figured it out, would you maybe be willing to write a short step by step tutorial on how to do this? Basically how to get it from the Waza Air app to here on the computer and this thread, and also how to get the files/patch from here to your Waza Air app. I'd like to try out your patches and have some to share but I just haven't tried to figure it out yet.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

admin

Quote from: Mrchevy on June 08, 2020, 11:30:49 AM
Pi3141, thanks for posting patches. The Administrator set up a thread for this, but I have been meaning to try and figure it out as to how to upload a patch, and download a patch. If you have figured it out, would you maybe be willing to write a short step by step tutorial on how to do this? Basically how to get it from the Waza Air app to here on the computer and this thread, and also how to get the files/patch from here to your Waza Air app. I'd like to try out your patches and have some to share but I just haven't tried to figure it out yet.

its identical method used for sharing Boss Tone Studio for Katana MKII and SY-1000 patches

search your C: drive for *.tsl patches

More details on where these reside from Gumtown

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26577.msg193870#msg193870

Pi3141

Quote from: Mrchevy on June 08, 2020, 11:30:49 AM

Please refer to the official manual provided by BOSS. It also includes step-by-step directions on how to export and import livesets. You can find it here: https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/WAZA-AIR_BTS_eng01_W.pdf

In my case I exported a liveset from the BOSS Tone Studio for WAZA AIR smartphone app to dropbox. Then I accessed the .tsl file in dropbox via my computer and compressed it to a .zip file in order to be able to upload it here.

Mrchevy

I think I got it into my phones waza app. I'll try it after lunch and see how they sound. If it works, I'll just have to remember what I did ;D
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

Mrchevy

I just ran thru the patches and they all sound pretty good yielding different results between an SG w/P-90's, a Strat, and Les Paul. Out of curiosity, what guitar(s) and what style of music are you using with these.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

Pi3141

Quote from: Mrchevy on June 08, 2020, 02:07:29 PM
I just ran thru the patches and they all sound pretty good yielding different results between an SG w/P-90's, a Strat, and Les Paul. Out of curiosity, what guitar(s) and what style of music are you using with these.

Thanks for the feedback. In terms of guitars and pickups I switch back and forth between US Strat and Tele, Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas, PRS custom 24 and another SuperStrat with an HSS setup with Seymour Duncan Vintage Rail and Duckbucker in the singlecoil positions. In other words, I tried to put together some patches that all work with different pickups and guitars on my WAZA AIR unit. All my guitars have a treble bleed circuit (just the cap, no resistor) and I like to roll the distortion back via the guitar's volume knob. This works really well with the WAZA AIR. I also found that splitting humbuckers works really well with these patches. Good to hear, the patches work for you with Gibson guitars as well :)

TBH, I have a frustrating time replicating similar sounding patches on my fractal AX8 right now  >:(
This is how much I like the WAZA AIR experience, even without using the gyro gimmick.

Bhorium

Thank you very much for the patches. They all sounded great, especially the "WET" patch together with my American Performer Telecaster with single pickups. If you have some more patches please feel free to share ;D

gourabsengupta@gmail.com

hogs

Thanks for the sharing, my 2 prefered (and loaded to my headphone) are "Wet" and "Crisp"  ;D

Webpoacher

denst

thanks for this looking forward to testing, I'm really struggling with the Tone app, :-X

anyone4pint

I just wanted to say thank you for putting this together. I have been playing around with them all morning - they are getting me a far better tone from a Les Paul than any of the patches in Tone Central. I have now replaced all of my defaults with these, really nice. Cant wait to try them on my other guitars. Really nice work, thanks!

Webpoacher

I just found out that there are WAZA air tones in the boss tone exchange. https://bosstoneexchange.com/gear/waza-air/?keyword=&gear=waza-air&view=block&sort=-download&from=1&size=24&tag=&page=1
Here you can share your own patches and also download TSL files which you can upload to your phone and import them in the Waza Air app.

Elantric

Quote from: Webpoacher on November 15, 2023, 10:07:36 AMI just found out that there are WAZA air tones in the boss tone exchange. https://bosstoneexchange.com/gear/waza-air/?keyword=&gear=waza-air&view=block&sort=-download&from=1&size=24&tag=&page=1
Here you can share your own patches and also download TSL files which you can upload to your phone and import them in the Waza Air app.

The Boss Tone Exchange site is relatively recent,outcome after years (decades) of Roland/Boss Customers demanding an official site for user to user Boss gear patch exchange
https://bosstoneexchange.com/