Possible bug, TS vs Floorboard- System patches not showing on GT-1 Disp.

Started by Alathea_Squared, March 04, 2020, 07:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alathea_Squared

In TS, when I access either a user patch or a system patch, the tone changes and the display changes on my GT1. In Floorboard, it only does that for the User patches, but the System patches blink red in the upper left corner where the patch number indicator is (in the software) and no tone changes. The GT1 says its bulk writing, but nothing actually happens. Im not editing anything, Im just switching patches, like, wanting to go back and forth between a System patch and the same version that I am tweaking, for example. Is this a bug, or an unsurmountable 'feature' due to the way Floorboard accesses memory on the GT1 but can't write to the System patches? I know that TS can't either, but it lets you edit them or bounce back and forth between System and User patches with no problems.

I noticed today that when I change patches with my footpedal if its handy the patch changes on the GT1 but not in the Editor. Im really hoping this is a communication issue due to some limitation in programming. Id hate to have to take this back if it is indeed broken in some way. It was a used purchase at a music buy/trade store that I frequent and I got a really good price on it because im in there all the time.

The EZ Tone is really wonky too. I was playing with it and it only picked up changes some of the time. Not worried about that one, though, since Ill probably not use it, but its something I stumbled on.
"'Cause no matter where you go, there you are."