should I swap my boss gt-100 with Hotone Ampero ?

Started by mantra, March 04, 2020, 12:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantra

Hi

A friend of mine bought an Hotone Ampero , and he has asked me to swap with my boss gt-100

I know it 's much better in amps and cabinet simulation but about build and effects quality is the Ampero better then the boss gt-100?

thanks

gumtown

You got to ask yourself, why is your friend so keen to part with the Ampero for your GT-100.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on March 04, 2020, 01:56:43 AM
You got to ask yourself, why is your friend so keen to part with the Ampero for your GT-100.
hi
He own an Brunetti  head and a cabinet ,He needs only effects like compressor , delay ,reverb ,phaser ,flanger and chorus
Gumtown may i ask you what will you do ?
thanks I will appreciate your advise

admin

Quote from: mantra on March 04, 2020, 02:34:47 AM
hi
i own an Brunetti  head and a cabinet ,i need only effects like compressor , delay ,reverb ,phaser ,flanger and chorus
GT-100 has better effects and has a FX loop for 4 cable method

Cant do that with Ampero
Ampero shines as Amp modeler with IR Cab sim, but weaker FX vs Boss 

But due to its small size I carry Ampero as a practice tool

gumtown

Quote from: mantra on March 04, 2020, 02:34:47 AM
hi
He own an Brunetti  head and a cabinet ,He needs only effects like compressor , delay ,reverb ,phaser ,flanger and chorus

I would tell him to sell his Ampero,
bring you the cash to buy your GT-100,
and then put that money towards buying a GT-1000.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on March 04, 2020, 02:47:44 AM
I would tell him to sell his Ampero,
bring you the cash to buy your GT-100,
and then put that money towards buying a GT-1000.
well , I liked the ampero because it's small and i can carry everywhere , while my boss gt-100 it's not very handy
but i get your advise , by the way the gt-100 and ampero do cost the same
thanks Gumtown , i will keep my boss

slooky

I have the Boss GT-1 and the ampero and I much prefer the effects in the Boss

SK

If you're looking for a much smaller device which should be used for travel, or for direct recording with speaker sims on, I'd go with the Ampero. Very realistic amps and cabs and great headphone out which can seriously drive anything up to big studio phones if so wished.

If you are looking for a multi-FX for use with real power amps and playing live, Boss is of course the much more powerful option with more/better FX. The only weak point of Boss GT devices (all of them, even GT1000) is their (in my opinion) quite lacking/unrealistic cab sims.

So it definitely depends on what you want to do with it - I needed a handy all-in-one device to play on the sofa with phones and do some occasional USB-recording, so that's why I got the Ampero. Boss is definitely too big for that kind of use and the speaker sims just don't do it for me.

For use with real amps as an actual multi-FX device, obviously Boss GT-series are pretty much the #1 choice out there.

admin

If you are looking for a multi-FX for use with real power amps and playing live,

Line 6 HX Effects

Review
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/line-6-hx-effects

SK

Also great, yep.

Another viable option if the budget allows it, Fractal FX-8 - killer device and often in the same price range used.