GE300 - MCU Returned Timeout

Started by gerraldd, January 04, 2020, 02:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerraldd

So I recently just bought a GE300 and tried to update the firmware but it only gets to 2% progress and then "MCU Returned Timeout" error appears.
I tried different USB cables, different computers and all the different USB ports of said computers.
Anyone else had this problem? Looks like the device is bricked because I can no longer leave the "update mode" on the device.
I can always get an exchange but would rather troubleshoot this one first just in case it happens to the new one.

EDIT: I got a replacement now and updating it worked on the first try.

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group gerraldd!  :)

admin

Quote from: gerraldd on January 04, 2020, 02:30:14 PM
So I recently just bought a GE300 and tried to update the firmware but it only gets to 2% progress and then "MCU Returned Timeout" error appears.
I tried different USB cables, different computers and all the different USB ports of said computers.
Anyone else had this problem? Looks like the device is bricked because I can no longer leave the "update mode" on the device.
I can always get an exchange but would rather troubleshoot this one first just in case it happens to the new one.

Contact Mooer support

http://www.mooeraudio.com/zc.html

gerraldd

Quote from: admin on January 04, 2020, 07:12:07 PM
Contact Mooer support

http://www.mooeraudio.com/zc.html

I did. Two days ago. That's why I'm posting here to see if anyone else had this issue fixed.

Antonuzzo

Did you try and update via Mac or PC? I gather that the Mac update is a bit ropey, although it worked fine for me.

If it's borked halfway through an update then it's probably bricked - I'd go with the advice above and get it replaced.

Good luck!

gerraldd

Quote from: Antonuzzo on January 06, 2020, 07:39:58 AM
Did you try and update via Mac or PC? I gather that the Mac update is a bit ropey, although it worked fine for me.

If it's borked halfway through an update then it's probably bricked - I'd go with the advice above and get it replaced.

Good luck!

I tried it on three different PCs because I don't have a Mac.
I got it replaced now and updating worked on the first try.