GT-1 Tone Studio drag and drop breaks patches

Started by Blacque Jacque Schellacque, October 20, 2019, 08:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacque Jacque Schellacque

There is quite an annoying bug using Boss Tone Studio for the GT-1. When I drag and drop patches from the librarian to the GT-1, patches may get changed. To reproduce this you need to have a complex patch that uses lots of assigns. In the attached files I show an example. The original patch is shown in step 1. Then I drag and drop a few patches from the librarian to the GT-1 (step 2). Finally I go back to the editor view and click on the complex patch. You can see in the final image (step 3) that the assigns where changed and when I use this patch and try to turn on these using CTL1 for the lead part of the song I get something rather uninspiring to say the least.

The only way to not get into this situation when I program my patches order for a performance using the BTS is to got to librarian, click on one patch, click on editor, write the patch to the correct slot and repeat this for every patch! This is very tedious! The BTS should make my life simpler than that!

I have submitted a request on the Roland site for this. I'll keep you posted of any reply I get.

Brak(E)man

Have you tried drag and drop to a new liveset and then apply the liveset to GT-1?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Blacque Jacque Schellacque

Quote from: Brak(E)man on October 20, 2019, 09:06:41 AM
Have you tried drag and drop to a new liveset and then apply the liveset to GT-1?

Just tried and I get the same result. :( That could have been a nice work around though...

mobozoid

I feel your pain. I just purchased a GT-1 Mainly because it is small and battery powered and have been quite surprised by how good some of the effects are. However BTS is a huge disappointment. A lot of things need improvement including the GUI, drag and drop implementation, etc.
Oh well, I guess I will have to live with it. BOSS probably will not do much for us. They are concentrated on their more expensive Multi effects pedals and want us to buy them.
Now if I could just manage to make a good wah patch for playing reggae.

Brak(E)man

I don't remember if copy and paste works.
I have bts for GP-10 , Sy-300 and GT-1
Haven't had any real issues with any of them.
A lot of the time I drag and drop but press write on the unit.
With apply liveset I haven't had any problems.
But check out this tread

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17889.0
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch