Pat Metheny "Antonia" with the GP-10

Started by Alan Thomas, July 10, 2019, 03:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Thomas

in case anyone on the forum is interested:

This is a little experiment with my Godin ACS guitar playing Pat Metheny's beautiful "Antonia". There is nothing pre-recorded--everything is generated in real-time by what I play on the guitar running via the GP-10 into Ableton Live to host the synths.

ojosilva

WOW! This is awesome, I'm a big fan of Pat's Secret Story album. I play a Godin ACS slim through my GP10, I'd love to play this tune live. Could you share the patch? I take this patch(es) requires the synths on your laptop. I wonder if the GP10 could drive additional synths live through a box of some kind.

Alan Thomas

Hi there, thanks for the nice comment! I would be very happy to share a patch, but there isn't one really. The guitar sound is coming directly out of the Godin, so the GP-10 was used here primarily to separate the output of each string to go to the different synth plugins in Ableton Live (and therefore could have been set to any random GP-10 patch). Once you've got that aspect going it's just a question of setting up the different "scenes" in Live of which synths are playing throughout the tune. I then use a MIDI foot pedal to step through the scenes. Hope that helps! Cheers, Alan