GR-55 - Looking for Organ with Leslie Sound (Exp pdl controls speed)

Started by DaleDunphy, June 12, 2019, 06:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleDunphy

Hi all.

My GR-33 started to bite the dust and I have taken the leap into a GR-55. On my GR-33 I had a beautiful Hammond sound with Leslie Revolving Speaker sound and the Expression pedal controlled the speed of the Leslie.

I can't find any patches that come even close to what I have with the GR-33. I have tried all the supplied patches.

Could someone please help me arrive at an equivalent patch for the GR-55? 

Thanks.

plexified

You want to get into the VK Rotory in the MFX section and assign the speed/brake to the EXP pedal. One way would be Brake with the pedal all the way back, mid way Slow Leslie and down all the way Fast Leslie. Press the expression pedal down to activate the switch to Fat Wah. That's just one application.

Some of the Organ presets are good starting points to get going and the octave switch helps. You can select the same Organ and have one octave up on one PCM and one octave down on another PCM as an idea.

You also have an opportunity to use a Cosm synth organ that Bill Ruppert likes that incorporates the organ 'draw bars'. All of this is in a thread I started not long ago. The VK module in my opinion is the best Rotary module on the market including the Roland VK-8. No other pedal I have found has the same complete level of control. For that reason alone I installed the effect loop mod to use with my other gear as a stand alone processor at times.

Have fun and report back!

Start Here >>>--->  https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25043.0