Pangaea CP16A-6F22 DIY Cab IR module.

Started by admin, May 24, 2019, 08:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Accustomed to building small pedals, Siberian guitar gear maker AMT has just announced the Pangaea CP16A-6F22 plug-in module. The size of a PP3 battery, this IR loader is a minuscule piece of equipment that can hold 16 Impulse Responses. And it looks genuinely useful despite (or should that be because of) its minute size.

AMT Pangaea CP16A-6F22
The AMT Pangaea CP16A-6F22 is so small it can fit inside 9V battery compartments. This is a potential solution for adding Impulse Responses easily into your guitar rig without taking up valuable pedalboard real estate.

The module even has an onboard micro USB to let you load your favourite IRs by connecting it to a computer. Adjusting parameters is accomplished using AMT's bespoke module software.

AMT Pangaea CP16A-6F22 - IRs loaded via USB
AMT Pangaea CP16A-6F22 – IRs loaded via USB
AMT Pangaea CP16A-6F22 plug-in module
AMT Pangaea CP16A-6F22 plug-in module

Tweak your tone
The following features of the Pangaea CP16A-6F22 can be tweaked and/or customized:

ER Early Reflections (ROOM)
EQ Parametric EQ -5 bands parametric equalizer
LP Tunable low-pass filter
LP Tunable high-pass filter
PS Presence – the presence control boosts the upper mid-range frequencies
VL Volume – the common volume control
IR Impulse Response of a guitar cabinet
PA Power amps' models
PR Preamp's module
CM Compressor
GT Noise Gate
With all this control at your disposal, it makes this ridiculously tiny piece of hardware something to consider seriously. I'm in awe of just how much it can achieve for a guitar rig. You can read the full online manual for the unit here.

When you take a closer look, you realise that this little bit of gear really can do a lot. I am still trying to get my head around how flexible it is and how I could utilise it in a guitar rig. It really does open a lot of possibilities. Super neat and super dinky, but potentially very, very useful indeed!

RRP – EUR 81

More Information
Product Page

https://amt-sales.com/cabsim/amt-pangaea-cp16a/

Owners Manual
https://amtelectronics.com/new/manuals/AMT-Pangaea-CP-16A-06F22-ENG.pdf