GT-10 - Midi CC between Boss GT-10 and Katana Head

Started by Bogdan, May 23, 2019, 09:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogdan

Hi everybody,
I want my GT-10 CTL 1 and CTL 2 pedals to transmit control change via midi to switch on/off effect blocks on a Katana Head. I made the connection with a midi cable(GT-10 out-Katana in), I initialised a patch, I went to System-Midi-Settings-Ctl1 out and enter the value "CC#17"(to switch on/off the delay/fx block in the Katana amp), then I went to master/pedal fx-assign-target:midi, start/stop, min:stop, max:start, source:ctl1 pedal, src mode:TOGGLE, ActRngLo:0, ActRngHi:127. I saved the patch, but when I press the ctl1 pedal the delay/fx block in the Katana amp is switching on/off MOMENTARY(remains active only if I keep pressing the ctl1 pedal). I tried the same with a Boss FS-6(mode:FS-5L) connected to exp pedal 2/ctl 3,4 jack on the GT-10 with the same settings as above(except source:ctl3 pedal) and it works ok(delay/fx block in the Katana amp activate and deactivate each time I press the pedal).
In the Boss Tone Studio for Katana software, system tab-midi setting I can't specify moment or toggle for delay/fx sw.
So, can anyone tell me how to make settings in the GT-10 to switch on/off every time I press a pedal(ctl1 or ctl2).
Thanks!

Brent Flash

Bogdan

Yes, as I mentioned above, I set the GT-10: "... then I went to master/pedal fx-assign-target:midi, start/stop, min:stop, max:start, source:ctl1 pedal, src mode:TOGGLE...", meaning latch, something that in a regular patch activates or deactivates the chorus(e.g.).

gumtown

In the GT-10 SYSTEM menu for Pedal Functions/internal Pedals, you can set to midi #CC number for the CTL pedals, set the KATANA Midi menu to match the pedals #CC numbers.
The thing that will let you down is the GT-10 CTL pedals #CC does not toggle, it sends an "ON" (value 127) when the pedal is pressed,
and an "OFF" (value 00) when released.
That will either help, or be a curse.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Bogdan

Quote from: gumtown on May 23, 2019, 12:13:43 PM
... The thing that will let you down is the GT-10 CTL pedals #CC does not toggle, it sends an "ON" (value 127) when the pedal is pressed,
and an "OFF" (value 00) when released.
That will either help, or be a curse.

- that's what I'm talking about, and it's a curse. :(

Bogdan

... The thing that will let you down is the GT-10 CTL pedals #CC does not toggle, it sends an "ON" (value 127) when the pedal is pressed, and an "OFF" (value 00) when released.

How embarrassing, I think, for BOSS, because the FS-6(mode:FS-5L) connected to exp pedal 2/ctl 3,4 jack on the GT-10 works properly.
It seems I will have to use the FS-6 connected to the GT-10.
I would have liked to be able to use the two CTL pedals in the GT and the two in the FS to control Katana head effects(ON/OFF) and the send/return(ON/OFF) for as much flexibility as possible.

admin

In the GT-10 SYSTEM menu for Pedal Functions/internal Pedals, you can set to midi #CC number for the CTL pedals, set the KATANA Midi menu to match the pedals #CC numbers.
The thing that will let you down is the GT-10 CTL pedals #CC does not toggle, it sends an "ON" (value 127) when the pedal is pressed, and an "OFF" (value 00) when released.

Why not use GT-10 with a Boss FS-7 ( or FS-6)  dual control switch pedal, but use it in the "FS-5L Latch  Mode"
https://www.boss.info/global/products/fs-7/

( in theory) the net result with FS-7 in latch mode with GT-10 MIDI CC# transmission:

* The FS-7 on 1st Tap should be able to send an "ON" (value 127)

* The FS-7 on 2nd Tap should be able to send an "OFF" (value 0)

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7952.msg88865#msg88865

Bogdan

That's what I said earlier:
"... because the FS-6(mode:FS-5L) connected to exp pedal 2/ctl 3,4 jack on the GT-10 works properly.", meaning(as you said) 1st Tap send an "ON" (value 127) and 2nd Tap send an "OFF" (value 0).
I want my GT-10 CTL 1 and CTL 2 pedals do the same thing, so I can use them too for on/off switching the effect blocks on the Katana Head.